MY2013 - Order Now to Get the V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, yes... definitely want the HD package, it's worth the price as well. I have to get the extended leather, I know if I don't, I'll regret it. When I felt the leather on the RR (outgoing model) wrapped over the dash as well as the RRS, I fell in love with it, and have to have it. I also saw an Aintree Green w/Ivory interior and it was gorgeous... but, I know my wife's fancy blue jeans with half-dollar-size-buttons, and my Son's insane eating habits, will ruin that leather pretty damn fast!

I’m planning to order mine from San Jose LR. They’re awesome in my book. That’s where I bought my ’10 and it was the best buying experience I’ve ever had at a car dealership. Although, I have not used their service because it’s just too far… so that’s why I use BMC. I was originally going to get my ’10 at BMC but they were so arrogant. At one point, the salesman said for no reason whatsoever, “You know, this isn’t a Toyota, do you know what quality is?” In my head I was like, “What a ****.” But that was one sales guy. BMC service is truly outstanding and I'd still take my '13 to them for service. It's just hard working with them on numbers because their clientele are uber-rich... I mean, they sell Bentley and Lambos... and their showroom looks like a 5-star hotel.

Went to San Jose LR and was in and out in less than 2 hours and was able to negotiate a reasonable deal quite easily. I wasn’t asking for a free truck, but I simply asked if they could give me a deal and they gave me one. No hassle, no pressure… no “used” car salesman BS.

Anyway, I need to figure out what my game plan is going to be over the weekend. I have to finalize my approach with my lovely wife. Although I wear the pants in the house, I think her pants are bigger. Haha… But, from what I’ve gathered, if you’re MSRP comes out to about $66K, you should be able to get it to $60K. So my assumption is if you’re around $60K, you can get it for $57K or so.
Hey Count,

Thanks for the response. I also found LR of San Jose to be great - I worked with Eric to get my 2011 LR4. I have been going back and forth with him this past week and will call him next Wednesday to talk to him and hopefully place the order. I also need to figure out my game plan and determine how I will go about talking to Eric to see if they can take some money off the order.

Based on my build if I go with the Fuji White, I am looking at $61,570. I would like to try to bring it below $60,000 if possible, so maybe I can negotiate them down to $57-$58K. I am just going to be up front with them and see if they can work with me. I know they will be gearing up for the 2014 year in a few months, so hopefully that is some leverage to getting a deal.

Hopefully the conversation goes well with you wife. Maybe you need a rule that she can't wear those jeans in the truck - haha! :) Jeans are not much of a problem for us, we never wear them (my wife only wears dresses).

Keep me posted. It sounds like we will be ordering around the same time - will be fun to watch the order status over the next few months.

-David

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, I am going with an HSE Lux, Firenze, Sat radio, heavy duty and the total MSRP with $850 destination charge is $62,750. Wife is not a fan of the black wheels so no black package. The dealer's final offer yesterday was $2750 off, with a price of $60K even. I tried to get them to add short roof rails for free but no-go. (Roverpartswest.com sells them for $300 so I can get them there later)

My dealer has an unsold LR4 on order with a May delivery date that they can change to be mine or I can wait for a late June delivery. My salesperson appears to be honest and knowledgeable. She has heard that the LR4 assembly line will be closed down in late July or early August for the 2014 changeover while most workers are on "holiday". So I do believe that we are nearing the end of LR4 V8 production.

And if you plan on financing it, the 1.9% financing offer from Land Rover has an unknown expiration date, so ordering sooner is better.

festus

Reaction score
There's a web site, forgot the name, that aggregates local sales data so you can target what you can expect to pay.

TrueCar.com? That's the site I used and in my area, on average, people were getting $1000 to $1500 off. So I figured if I could double that I'd be doing well.

And my wife, who recently purchased a Mercedes, was able to get $4K off MSRP and they gave her a very high trade-in on her BMW. Basically just a hair below what she'd get on a private sale.

That's interesting, I bought my wife a Mercedes last month and was able to get 12 percent off MSRP much easier than I was able to get the 5 percent from Land Rover. My salesman mentioned he used to work for Land Rover and he was surprised that they gave me as much as they did.

I think it's part behavioral and overall attitude. As well as a sale person you can connect with.

No doubt, I really connected with the sales guy at Mercedes while I was just pretty much annoyed by my sales guy's attitude at Land Rover and just wanted to get it over with.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can not believe that LR will not offer the V8 as an option in the US market. Right or wrong, our big vehicle mentality is different from the fuel economy mentality of the rest of the world. What ever happened to please the different markets?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TrueCar.com? That's the site I used and in my area, on average, people were getting $1000 to $1500 off. So I figured if I could double that I'd be doing well.

That's interesting, I bought my wife a Mercedes last month and was able to get 12 percent off MSRP much easier than I was able to get the 5 percent from Land Rover. My salesman mentioned he used to work for Land Rover and he was surprised that they gave me as much as they did.

No doubt, I really connected with the sales guy at Mercedes while I was just pretty much annoyed by my sales guy's attitude at Land Rover and just wanted to get it over with.

After the initial 4K off the Benz we started discussing trade-in on the Bimmer... and before going to Benz, we were thinking of getting another BMW... but the new F30 BMW was too big and didn't drive like a BMW anymore, it was boring... and the trade-in they offered on my wife's older BMW was a joke... which is common on a trade-in mind you, but Merc pretty much matched what we'd get from a private sale so we figured the 4K off and the trade-in was more than reasonable. The Bimmer was paid off so it added $10K to the 4K off and the final price was really great. We totally love our Benz... and Merc has come a long, long way and offer great cars with great quality.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can not believe that LR will not offer the V8 as an option in the US market. Right or wrong, our big vehicle mentality is different from the fuel economy mentality of the rest of the world. What ever happened to please the different markets?
I agree. I guess the need to increase MPGs is more important. Though, will the supercharged V6 really increase gas mileage??? Unless they shave off weight like with the 2013 RR, then I don't know how it could be? Maybe?

It will be very interesting to see the future of Land Rover in the US. I think we do know that they sure like the Evoque design! ;-)

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks, festus!

I bookmarked the website and was playing around a little and saw that they produce a certificate for you to bring to your dealership. Is that something you did?

It looks like most people are getting $1,500 - $2,000 off MSRP, which is in line with what others are saying on here.

Thanks again! I will keep you posted.

-David

festus

Reaction score
Thanks, festus!

I bookmarked the website and was playing around a little and saw that they produce a certificate for you to bring to your dealership. Is that something you did?

It looks like most people are getting $1,500 - $2,000 off MSRP, which is in line with what others are saying on here.

Thanks again! I will keep you posted.

-David

I didn't print the certificate because only certain dealerships participate in the TrueCar pricing and the one I went to didn't. I definitely used it as a bargaining tool though letting them know that two nearby dealerships, Land Rover Encino and Land Rover South Bay, honored the TrueCar pricing so I had no problem going to either of those in the event we couldn't agree on a price. Like I mentioned earlier, I got a little more than $3k off and that was in January so I would think you'd have a good chance of doing better than that now that we're already in the middle of March.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't print the certificate because only certain dealerships participate in the TrueCar pricing and the one I went to didn't. I definitely used it as a bargaining tool though letting them know that two nearby dealerships, Land Rover Encino and Land Rover South Bay, honored the TrueCar pricing so I had no problem going to either of those in the event we couldn't agree on a price. Like I mentioned earlier, I got a little more than $3k off and that was in January so I would think you'd have a good chance of doing better than that now that we're already in the middle of March.
Thanks, festus!

I noticed that only certain dealerships participate in the certificate, so luckily, the one I plan to use does not. Thus, I think that can be a good bargaining tool. I am not looking for a steal or anything, but since my MSRP is around $61,000, I'd like to bring it down to at least $58,000 if possible. We shall see.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's possible, seems totally reasonable. Eric is awesome, that was my salesman as well. I wonder... when LR fills the lot with all these Evoques, if the sales staff will swap out their mountain climbing shoes and attire for penny loafers and a tie! They'll definitely have to drop "adventure" out of their brand as well and change it to mini-mall, go beyond.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM