MY2013 - Order Now to Get the V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know there was a thread about the 2013 LR4 and the change to a 3.0 supercharged V6 engine, so I wanted to provide some information.

I spoke to two area dealerships and both confirmed that the 2014 LR4 will be getting the V6 engine and if I wanted a 2013 model (with the V8) that i needed to order in the next month or so before they closed building for the 2013 model year.

Originally I was planning to order a 2014, but I have decided to go ahead and order a 2013 next week. I just don't want to risk not being able to get the V8 engine. Maybe the V6 will be fine, but I want the V8.

I need to send the sales guy a PDF of my build from the Land Rover website and they require a $1,000 deposit.

I am still trying to figure out the exterior color, but I have narrowed down my choices to Fuji White, Aintree Green, and thanks to umbertob's inspiration, Firenze Red. I never really imagined myself with a red vehicle, but the red with black pack looks really nice. Right now I am leaning toward Fuji White because it's a great color and holds up to scratches well and looks great with the black pack. I like the Aintree Green, but it just doesn't look as good with the black pack. As far as interior, I am pretty sure I will go with the Arabica leather seats, but also considering ebony.

I am planning to order an HSE Lux with 19" black design pack and Heavy Duty Package. I don't want any stereo upgrades, rear entertainment systems, or vision package.

I will keep you guys posted!

-David

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck david! There's a Aintree Green at my dealership with the lighter beige interior...looks very classy!

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you don't want the vision assist package. Those cameras could help out with that rocky kind of offroading you guys have out west, especially if you didn't have a spotter. I really like the HD radio, but then again I like the extended leather as well...:biggrin:

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

You can't go wrong with any of your choices. I was in a similar situation. All of my previous cars have been black, white, or grey (with exception to 1) and I was looking at the red or the white. I decided on the Fuji white HSE Lux, black package (19" wheels) and ebony with lacquer trim. Options I went with vision, heavy duty, and Sirius. I love it. I did notice you posted a comment on my pics I posted. I personally think you can't go wrong with the white. But again my opinion is a bit skewed.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you serious? That soon? I can't order that soon. My lease on my current car is good through September. I was hoping to order in May or June at the earliest.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to check out the '14 and if I don't like it, find a used '12-'13.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you don't want the vision assist package. Those cameras could help out with that rocky kind of offroading you guys have out west, especially if you didn't have a spotter. I really like the HD radio, but then again I like the extended leather as well...:biggrin:
When I am in rock terrain, I always make sure to have a spotter. Plus, even with the Coopers, I tend to keep it a bit mild. For me it is more about expeditioning and not rock climbing. My absolute must are the Xenon lights, which come with the Lux, so I am likely going to opt to skip the vision assist. I don't like gadgets and would never use the cameras. I do like the back-up camera, but I never really use the navigation or audio features.

Hmmm... maybe I should just go with the standard model :) Heck, I'd love something pretty stripped if they threw in some actual off-road equipment.

I will keep you posted! :)

By the way, I still want to see photos of your new 2013 RR. I saw one out off roading 2 weeks ago and it was pretty sweet.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck david! There's a Aintree Green at my dealership with the lighter beige interior...looks very classy!
Yes, I have always liked the green. If it were a bit more army green, then I'd be choosing that in a heartbeat! :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you serious? That soon? I can't order that soon. My lease on my current car is good through September. I was hoping to order in May or June at the earliest.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to check out the '14 and if I don't like it, find a used '12-'13.
Hey Quijote,

Have you thought about working with the dealership to see if they would buy out your lease? When I got my LR4 2 years ago they bought out my ML lease and I still had 1+ years - just depends on the pay off and if it's below market value. If you really want a 2013 then I would talk to them, as he told me "1-2 months" so May should be fine! Just a thought.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

You can't go wrong with any of your choices. I was in a similar situation. All of my previous cars have been black, white, or grey (with exception to 1) and I was looking at the red or the white. I decided on the Fuji white HSE Lux, black package (19" wheels) and ebony with lacquer trim. Options I went with vision, heavy duty, and Sirius. I love it. I did notice you posted a comment on my pics I posted. I personally think you can't go wrong with the white. But again my opinion is a bit skewed.
Yes, I agree. I am heavily leaning toward the Fuji White. I have never had a white car, so it would be a change, plus it looks awesome. I do love green, but I am more apt to go with the Firenze Red. So, like you, it's between red and white! :)

-David

NWLRFan

Reaction score
David,
Thanks for the update. Looks like we have to act soon to get a v8. Please let us know if you are able to get anything less than MSRP on your special order. I am sure the dealerships are not feeling that they have to drop the prices much with the coming engine changes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90