Nav can't change destination when driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I read it on disco4.com. I have an LR3 but I believe the code and process is the same. You have to touch the screen and hold your finger down for a few seconds then a box pops up and you enter in a code. From there Nav on the move is allowed. But, you have to enter the code every time for this feature it resets when you turn off the LR4.

dstrickler

Reaction score
Looks like the diag code is 753, and the override on the Nav is 1791, but this code seems to be for older LRs only. I have not had a chance to test it on my LR4.

However, what this says to be is that there are multiple codes, each one getting you into a different mode. So, and of course this is a guess, I could start trying codes on the LR4 to see if there is a new "1791" code for the LR4. I bet there is...

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong then, I thought it was available for LR4's as well.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1791 bypass code has not worked on the LR3 since the MY07s. I seriously doubt it would open up navigation on the move on the hard drive based LR4 system, but it's worth a shot I guess...

dstrickler

Reaction score
I'm sorry to report that the 1791 password did not fix the Nav lockout-in-motion issue. The password was accepted, and didn't give any indication of error, but it didn't change anything in the Nav either.

I've done some testing, and I've found the Nav lockout is related to speed, or really lack there of. You don't have to put the car in park, just stop it. Even at a stoplight will do, and the options become available on the screen. Start the car in motion and they grey out.

So, the quest continues for the working Nav unlock codes for a 2010 LR4. I bet they're out there, and I know a lot of people would be very happy if they were known (including me).

If anyone wants to contact me offline (and thus privately) about a solution, my email is [email protected] :wink:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM on the way with my home address. I am almost sure I figured it out, will need to double check my findings on your car over the weekend (wheeling in Death Valley... Hope you don't mind the dust.)

marcoVU

Reaction score
Anyone find a solution to this? I take a lot of highway to/from work and meeting, which usually crawls just enough where it won't let me change the address. This is a problem if I need to change addresses in mid-drive. I'd be willing to sign away all liability to Land Rover if they would enable it.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635