Nav highway default screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 LR4 with the Nav option. Whenever I enter a highway it decides to put half of the split screen in the most useless mode...listing the upcoming exits and what is available at them. I don't know who decided this was a great idea but it annoys me endlessly to have to continually change it back to map mode as I drive around a city with lots of freeway changes. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to live with it forever?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the Nav Setup > User Settings of my 2013, there is a "Highway Information" button that's pre-selected from the factory, I believe. If there is such an option on the 2011 - not sure as the interface between the two model years is different - try unselecting that button and see if the upcoming exits split goes away. I actually kinda like that info on my satnav whan I am driving down a highway so I've never bothered changing it, but I assume that's what that button would enable/disable.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Umberto. This had been bugging me too on my 2011 and I just drilled down and changed it. The toggle is actually labelled "Motorway Information" (how veddy British) and hopefully this handles it.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tested it this morning on my way to work and I can confirm that, at least on 2013s, toggling that button off removes the upcoming exits split screen when driving on highways / freeways / motorways.

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I found the option and turned it off. I've been putting up with this for years and never knew it could be disabled.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drives me nuts. I tried to disable it a while back but obviously failed. I'll try again.

mrtp4

Reaction score

This has annoyed me for years too. I have a 2011 (with the older style nav) and cannot find this toggle anywhere on my setup screens. Can you describe where to find it?

Thanks!

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has annoyed me for years too. I have a 2011 (with the older style nav) and cannot find this toggle anywhere on my setup screens. Can you describe where to find it?

Thanks!

I have a 2011 also. Scroll up and see umbertob's comment earlier in this thread which worked for me and tells you exactly what to do. The only thing that was different on my end was that the toggle was labeled "Motorway Information" and not "Highway Information." To be honest I haven't been on a highway yet to notice if it "fixed" my display but I'm pretty confident that it did.

mko9

Reaction score
What is even more annoying (asinine) is that it enters this "guess where I'm going" mode even when you have a destination entered into the nav and it knows exactly where you are going. Hopefully the fix works.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another great tip!
Just deselected "Highway Information" on our 2016...no more confusing split screen with upcoming exits. Yay!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72