Navigation Alititude stops at 9990 feet ??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum ! Well, we took the LR3 up skiing today and of course had to start playing with the Navi. We were on the Off-Road Mode watching the compass and the altitude climb and climb! Well, it stopped reading the altitude at 9990 Feet? I know the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70 is at 11,158 feet above sea level but the Navi would only read 9990 feet ??

Anyone else see this issue? Is there a way to fix this and obtain the correct altitude? Thanks !

ralph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, my 06 LR3 is the same. Spoke with Land Rover in Colorado Springs and they stated that the navigation only reads the highest recorded city on the navigation dvd. It is not a true GPS when it comes to altitude.

zgaspen

Reaction score
this is silly. anyone know if this is the same with the LR4? i currently check altitude all the time when driving jeep roads. many start above 10k. guess i'll need to keep my garmin on my wrist....

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have solved this issue by switching to km. It's a digits available issue. If you change to km and do the conversion, it works great.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you can ditch the wrist gps and wear the geek caculator watch, Don't forget your pocket protector ;)

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheeez, a REAL british car would just use furlongs...

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the posts guys! Well looks like there y not be a solution! Guess I will have to use my Suunto Watch and dig up my old pocket protector :)

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switching to km is the only way around this one unfortunately. Don't know if the LR4 updated nav fixed it or not. The gps on my new iPhone works great though and is a true gps.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boaz - This jsut seems odd to me that a off road capable vehicle does not tell me the Altitude after 9990??!! On my dated 2004 VW Touareg it would go to 16,000 feet! I know it is all programing but this is a miss in my book. just installed a free app for my iPhone. It works fairly well. Which app do you use for altitude?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM