Need a honest opinion. Which car i should pick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Audisport

daytomann said:
We test drove an LR3 this past weekend. It drove great and we fell in love! It has good accelleration for an SUV...this is no sports or muscle car but it scoots none the less.
From what I've read in back to back comparos, the touareg and LR3 are like cousins....Similar but different. They are both alot more TECHY than the others in their group and they both have similar on road performance. The LR3 edges out the VW in the Techno department and is much more capable when the off roading gets real serious. My guess is that youre splitting hairs if you try to compare their on road performance.
Every vehicle model and make has its issues.This is evident with your BMW. A good friend of mine has an X5 and has not had a single complaint in 2 and a half years of ownership. In these cases, the minority people with problems are always heard over the people without problems. Often vehicles with a lower production and sales volume have the appearance of being more problematic due to the fact that there is not a huge number of them on the road. I found the same thing when I researched my motorcycles (Triumph) and boat (Nautique). What was the common denominator between all these vehicles? they are all "high end" and "exclusive" vehicles. None are mass produced and theres no sticker on any of then that says "made in a hurry".

If you are seriously concerned about reliability and want something that is very likely not to give you problems, at least untill after 100K miles. Then go look at the Big 3...buy an Explorer, Expedition, Yukon, Burb, Durango, Wrangler, etc, etc. But we all know why youre not looking at those boring, dime a dozen vehicles...;)

Actually there were only minor problems for the x5.. one being the battery died but it was a free replacement. BMW's service is excellent..free oil changes, free startups if your car breaks down/wont start.. i would recommend any one to get one. But the suspension kind of worn off so it was a bumpy ride if your sitting at the back. The acceleration and the brakes for the x5 is excellent as well.. The mpg for the car is similarly bad... but probably still better than LR and T-reg..

However after 3-4 years, lookin forward to tradin it in.
IM wondering about the price depreciation of the LR... is it a huge difference between price depreciation compared to VW?

Im guessing vw's depreciate alot more than LR's cuz we all know that LR's demand is higher than the VW.

THanks for the all the feedback guys, it certainly was helpful.

D

discoinjapan

Im not sure but your probobly right about the depreciation. Are you getting closer to a decision?

A

Audisport

^hehe not yet. Gonna look and maybe test drive the sport and LR3 first

D

daytomann

I think VW values are in the crapper these days. LR should take much less of a hit than V-Dub.

T

Tomasz

Made that choice last night. LR3 HSE was cheaper on a lease than the VW. Fact that the VW dealer has Jettas for loaners and LR gives LR3's closed the deal for me. Third row was also a PLUS. Ahh, yeas 30 month lease on LR3 and 48 on VW... so the LR3 has a better lease program.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA