Need Battery Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRO4

Reaction score
It appears that my battery is winding down as warning lights start popping right after start up==transmission, HDC not avail, Suspension lowers, parking brake light etc...If i turn the car off and restart, almost all go away. The dealer tells me this is the beginning of the end for the battery and as it gets weaker it starts shutting down unnecessary functions so it can handle the big stuff... Ok... so rather than spend $400 for an installed OEM from my dealer, I need some advise on what kind of 49 series battery to buy and where? Any help would be appreciated. The current battery lasted 55k.

Thanks, Tim in Jax

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Sears "Interstate Platinum" battery is the bomb. It's made by Oddessy, seriously good battery

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears that this car demands lotsa power and I would definitely spend the money. Would a Red Top from Optima do the job? I will try that once my existing battery runs down.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's "general knowledge" that in the past few years, the Optima brand has taken a dive. Hundreds of off road enthusiasts reporting battery failures on new batteries. Go with the Oddessy/Interstate.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus, the Optima WON'T fit in the existing compartment on the passenger side.

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer just replaced my original battery (under warranty) with an Interstate that looks exactly like the factory one. I had no indication of battery issues. They caught it during a service for something else. 25K miles on a 2007.

ChuckD

TRO4

Reaction score
The Sears "Interstate Platinum" battery is the bomb. It's made by Oddessy, seriously good battery
Besides a 49 series, what Cold cranking amp size do I need. Sears says I can't get the platinum on the LRE. Only the Diehard International?

TRO4

Reaction score
Besides a 49 series, what Cold cranking amp size do I need. Sears says I can't get the platinum on the LRE. Only the Diehard International?
Make that an LR3, not LRE!!

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I stopped by Sears today and had the same result... no "international" platinum battery available. Is there another size that fits?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac