Need Quick Opinons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Higher rated tires generally last longer too simply in terms of miles, longer than the advertised mileage because you'd be putting it on a vehicle weighing much less than the rating is normally for and thus the tire actually lasts even longer due to it being able to handle more overall wear and stress.

For example, my 96 disco had the bfg's I love put on about 5 years ago (they are a 2004 built tire based on the sidewall) and they have probably 75,000 miles, and are not worn out at all but were getting little cracks and my mom has it now so I wanted her on safer tires going into winter, so Discount Tire actually gave me $145 credit towards the 4 on the ground (the spare never got rotated in so I kept it) and I had them put 5 new E range on the disco along with extra siping job and the whole long term warranty thing for $1100 including high WA sales tax.

Would other tires cost less? sure, but what's a couple hundred $ over so many years.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's what I thought as well . . . just wondering how the 65 would respond/drive different then the 60 . . .

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's in size 265/60/18 installed today. They look and handle GREAT! I really like the "shark tooth" sidewall look. Makes the tire look mean :biggrin:

~Josh

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beatboy77
post pics and get them dirty so we know how the are.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's in size 265/60/18 installed today. They look and handle GREAT! I really like the "shark tooth" sidewall look. Makes the tire look mean :biggrin:

~Josh

I just ordered a pair of these and will get them put on next week. We'll have to compare notes in the future. You still liking them so far?

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aren't those load rated at 109?

isn't that below dealer guidline? why not find something in a 112 - say the parelli scorpians?

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmmm . . . wonder if it would wear faster then a higher rated tire . . .

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Davidfkon, I've done that Cleghorn trip several times with SCLR. I need to put in another good word for the Cooper's, as mine are just past 45k miles, and 2 1/2 years in age. They have done 3 Great Divide Trips to Colorado, and done many difficult trails all over So Cal. I hear a lot about the other tires, but for So Cal, you can't beat the Coopers, not for price, wear, traction and ride. I'm just about ready to put on my 2nd set. Hope to catch you on the trail. If you want to talk about the Cooper's, PM me.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to cleghorn but we got a KILLER deal for 3 nights in Vegas w/cirque show for the price of 1 nite the same weekend . . . looking for the next SCLR trip that I can make . . . AB says need protection which I don't have yet

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99