Need some help with an engine squeak/squeal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New parts can fail. Happens. Sounds like it fixed itself.
Of course new parts can fail. In this situation I'm happy with the odds they didn't. Maybe it did fix itself and maybe it didn't. Can't say for certain. Only time will tell.

NorthwestDriver

Reaction score
By working on the premise that everything repaired by a Land Rover dealer was done correctly and at only 900 miles and 7 months ago. And even if the noise I'm hearing still was that, at least I have peace of mind knowing that the parts and labor performed are under warranty. So I've ruled out the fact that in the event of catastrophic water pump or related hardware failure, it's not coming out of my pocket anymore. And the strange thing is I drove the car all day today and not once did I hear that noise no matter the condition of driving.

JLR might be different, but normally parts and labor warranties only extend to the owner at the time of repair. You might want to confirm that.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other thing to keep in mind is that extended warranties (including LR “branded” extended warranties) generally exclude consequential damages from a failed part. So, when you talk about “catastrophic water pump failure” - the warranty might cover the pump, but it probably won’t cover damage to the engine as a result of the failed pump.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2p worth. It’s something on the belt drive, idler pulley or belt tensioner bearing.
This is the path I'm taking. I agree it sounds more like this. The one day it happened it was unusually warm. Since then we've gone back to the cold weather and I cannot get it to replicate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV