New '12 LR4 HSE Indus Silver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the LR4 in silver. When I was looking for my LR4, I did NOT want silver because my last 2 cars were both silver. I am really happy with the Nara Bronze, but LOVE the white and black.

I was thinking the same thing. I went with the Nara too and I'm surprised how dirty I can get it without it looking dirty. I had to drive through them same mud puddle 6 times before I was happy with the look :)

Also, I should comment that the tan interior on the HSE stands up remarkably well to both my nieces and a dog that loves mud. My niece must have been wiping her dirty sneakers on the back of the drivers seat for more than an hour. I almost had a heart attack when I saw it. It wiped right off. whew!!

Marty

cuteytt

Reaction score
Cannot post pictures...

I had a few pictures to post, but I keep getting some weird database error. I've tried everything and nothing seems to be working. Clearly, I must be doing something wrong...

@72offsuit: I will check the HD menu tomorrow. Typically, on the weekends, we ride around in my husband's car. When listening to the radio, I haven't seen any special HD tags (I have seen them in my husband's car though). For example, whatever station I happen to be on, just shows as a regular FM station, but I haven't really looked all that closely either.

@thisisme: Nice pictures!

festus

Reaction score
Furthermore, I have one large carseat (Britax Frontier 85) and one large booster (Britax Parkway SGL) in the 2nd row and am amazed at how much room is still left in the middle. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure I can still fold the middle seat down without having to adjust either of my kids' seats. I took a few pictures and will post them (as soon as I figure out how to) so others can see how the carseats fit IRL.

Congratulations! If you get a chance would you mind posting the pictures with your car seats? I have two toddlers and I am curious how much space would be left with two car seats in the back. Thanks!

cuteytt

Reaction score
2nd Row with Carseats x2

Congratulations! If you get a chance would you mind posting the pictures with your car seats? I have two toddlers and I am curious how much space would be left with two car seats in the back. Thanks!

The Frontier 85 is behind the driver's seat and the Parkway SGL booster is on the passenger side. Sorry, took these with my phone.

Attachments

• F85_2.jpg
    F85_2.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 160
  • ParkwaySGL_2.jpg
    ParkwaySGL_2.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 164

cuteytt

Reaction score
Ugh, I had to reformat the pictures because the original files were too big I guess, and now they are posting HUGE on this forum. Apologies and here is one last picture of the space in between the two seats. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• iPhone 005.JPG
    iPhone 005.JPG
    821.5 KB · Views: 164

festus

Reaction score
Thanks! Does the middle seat fold down independent of the other seats? And if so, can you access the third row that way?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To access the third row you need to put both seats next to each other. What I also found helpful is removing the middle headrest. You'll get much more rear visibility that way.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! You will love your new LR4 (we have:proud:) and so will your kids. My daughter will not have her mom drive her to daycare in our other car, she only likes to ride on the Land Rover.

cuteytt

Reaction score
Thanks! Does the middle seat fold down independent of the other seats? And if so, can you access the third row that way?

Yes, the middle seat does fold down. One of the things I liked about the 2nd row in this car is that the seats are a 35/30/35 setup. Since I typically have the two carseats positioned in the outboard positions, I liked that he 3rd row could be accessed by folding down the middle seat. I haven't had anyone in the 3rd row yet, but I could also have that person (most likely, kid) crawl in through the back. Now, if both seats in the 3rd row are required, not sure how easy/difficult it would be to have those people crawl in through the middle (?).

FYI, I just folded down the middle seat and I can see my six-year-old daughter totally being able to crawl over and into the 3rd row.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, the middle seat does fold down. One of the things I liked about the 2nd row in this car is that the seats are a 35/30/35 setup. Since I typically have the two carseats positioned in the outboard positions, I liked that he 3rd row could be accessed by folding down the middle seat. I haven't had anyone in the 3rd row yet, but I could also have that person (most likely, kid) crawl in through the back. Now, if both seats in the 3rd row are required, not sure how easy/difficult it would be to have those people crawl in through the middle (?).

FYI, I just folded down the middle seat and I can see my six-year-old daughter totally being able to crawl over and into the 3rd row.

Why didn't you put the car seats side-by-side?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM