New 2016 HSE Owner - Couple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking up the new ride this Saturday, pretty excited. Few simple questions to start off.

Any DIY oil change instructions out there for this engine?

Where's the best place to buy LR accessories?

Opinions on aftermarket hitches. Any particular preferences?

Thanks

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, I remember the excitement when we first picked up ours. It hasn't stopped. :smile:

Any DIY oil change instructions out there for this engine?

Where's the best place to buy LR accessories? For OEM parts I always go to the Land Rover Rocklin (Northern CA dealership) dealership's website. They sell OEM parts on line for great discounts. Sometimes my local dealer will match them. (They know about Rocklin.)

Opinions on aftermarket hitches. Any particular preferences?
A LOT depends on what you need. The OEM hitch is great if your tongue weight will be 550lbs or lower. And it is expensive though I bought a used one from a member of this forum for $200. If you want to go with a permanent bolt-on then you can use the Curt Class III hitch. That is what I am using now. Tongue weight rated for 600 lbs or 800 lbs with a WDH hitch. BUT, if you have a full size spare it will no longer fit underneath the car as this Curt hitch intrudes into the space used by the spare. Therefore, I am going to try a new hitch that will be coming out. It has a class IV rating (800/1000) and does not effect the spare. If you need something with that much weight capability then check out the recent thread on this forum titled "Towing".

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towing requirements are minimal. Main use is for bike rack and cargo basket. Occasionally a single PWC or small utility trailer.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towing requirements are minimal. Main use is for bike rack and cargo basket. Occasionally a single PWC or small utility trailer.

Then the OEM hitch should do everything you need. The problem is that it is expensive for just doing that. The Curt bolt on is much less expensive but interferes with a full size spare. If you have the smaller temp spare and don't expect to ever need to store a full size spare underneath then the Curt option may work for you.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was talking hitch stuff with my service guy yesterday. They said they have a customer who tried one of those hitches to support his bike rack. It did OK until someone hit them from behind or the backed into something with the bike rack on. The hitch receiver got all bent up.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OEM hitch, though expensive, is really slick. I love the absolute zero free play: we never hear any knocking whatsoever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM