New Compressor Design/ Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

timbo

Check the tire pressure

Check the tire pressures - They likely had all 4 wheels off and may have done you the service of filling them with too much air.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flowner said:
Thanks for your help.
What did you do with your vehicle once you started the process.

Once the suspension fault started (after being fixed twice). I called my CSR and pitched the idea. Which was, "you know if you put another compressor in this thing it'll go too, then I'll be covered by the Lemon Law". I told her I thought LR would like to avoid that happening. And that I REALLY didn't want to go through all of that. She made some calls then...

flowner said:
Did you leave it with them and did they provided you a loaner in the meantime. How long did it take them to react.

Then I took the truck in for service so that they couldn't drag their feet. If they kept it 6 more days I'd have it the Lemon Law for time in shop. They got back to me in 3 days. "We'd like to replace your truck for you."

flowner said:
Who did the transactions for the swap the dealer or Land Rover.

The dealership takes care of everything. They weren't too happy about it but they did it with a smile (A smile LR made them have I think but who cares).

Don't take crap from them (Dealer) they act like they're doing you a favor. I finally told the manager that I once bought a 4k TV. When I got it home it didn't turn on. I took it right back and gave me another one. And I didn't have to thank them every 10 seconds and apologizes. They sold me a 54k truck that was defective, they should replace it without making me feel like I did something wrong... Just do it without ******* them off... Cause they could screw you for spite.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

flowner

Just got picked up my L3. New Compressor. This is 4th compressor, 46 days in the shop. See you in Arbitration if you don't give me a new Vehicle.

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air suspension faults don't necessarily mean an air susupension problem. Other system faults render the air suspension inoperable. The LR3 is a complex vehicle to diagnose.

Hudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are now on the 7th design compressor assemblies. :)

R

roverdawg

Ugh. Well, got three suspension faults today. This after I thought the problem had been solved a couple months ago with the installation of a new compressor. These new faults repeated themselves after I re-booted, although I just turned it off for a minute or two and then restarted. After the third suspension fault, I left the car parked for awhile and that seemed to have worked....for now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635