New Compressor Design/ Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

flowner

A couple of days ago I had another suspension fault this time with the newly redesigned compressor. The fault went away after the car was restarted and has not come back since. To test the compressor I raised and lowered the vehicle several times but no return of the fault. This time I think it's proablably a sensor going bad. I know a couple of people had faults due to exposed ride hide sensors. Does any one know how to check the sensor.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. this weekend, I got 2 Suspension Faults, and haven't happened since. Yes, new compressor.

F

flowner

Just got another tonight. I turned off and Restarted and its gone again

N

newenglandlr3

Oh fun! Whats the time from the swap to the first fault?

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's worth sharing that the suspension fault is how I got a replacement truck. Check your local lemon law. LR doesn't want lemons, they'll swap the truck to avoid giving you the truck back after the third compressor goes in...

Start a file with LR CSR, mention EVERY problem the truck has had. Be clear your not trying to make a problem... Just want to avoid the L.L. process. Good luck!

F

flowner

askewed said:
I think it's worth sharing that the suspension fault is how I got a replacement truck. Check your local lemon law. LR doesn't want lemons, they'll swap the truck to avoid giving you the truck back after the third compressor goes in...

Start a file with LR CSR, mention EVERY problem the truck has had. Be clear your not trying to make a problem... Just want to avoid the L.L. process. Good luck!

Thanks for your help.

In Florida you have to notify the manufacurer, which we have already done. If we want to do lemom, our next step is to file a claim with the state. I agree I think it would be to our benifit to point this out to them.

A few questions:

What did you do with your vehicle once you started the process.
Did you leave it with them and did they provided you a loaner in the meantime. How long did it take them to react.
Who did the transactions for the swap the dealer or Land Rover.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine was around 1.5-2 months after new one installed

Flowner: I think it's just a matter of time, might as well call your dealer now. I'm gonna call next week, once things settle down(Houston-Hurricane)

Last edited:
L

LastRoverForMe

I received my LR3 back from the dealer last Thursday c/w with a new air compressor and the ride is awful. I took it back to the dealer in Oakville but they cannot locate a problem...computer says everything is OK. Unfortunately, this is not the case as the vehicle completely bottoms out over even the most minor road bumps. I wish I had my old compressor back beacuse the LR# rode life a limo now it feels like a tank..thud thud thud etc.. Has anyone else experienced this problem after a new compressor installation?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4