New LR3 Brake Squeak Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Colt45

Hello everyone - - I picked up my new LR3 yesterday and it now has 350 miles on it. - - I noticed sometimes that the brakes squeak. So far this seems to happen when driving slowly (such as in a parking lot). I didn't notice the squeak when slowing down from higher speeds such as on the freeway or on a county road. (I put the windows down to listen as I braked.) Is this 'normal'? Should I wait to put on a certain number of miles on my vehicle before being concerned about this squeak ? Your input on this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your suggestions - -

D

damthrill

I got same breaking squeek problem and have 850 miles, it does it when driving slow, squeaking can many times just be dust on your brake rotors, try to wash thoroughly and apply lots of water to both sides of the rotors then drive it. If it still makes noise I would go to dealer. I think that maybe when you get new brakes(new car) their might be excessive initial wear as the brake pads settle in, I don't know I am just making a guess.

T

tp0424

Brake Squeak

I now have 4000 miles on my LR3...bought it in November. I couldn't be happier. However, that is the one thing that bugs me the most. I took it to the dealer and they 'cleaned' the brakes. One week later the squeak came back. I am considering installing Brembos or something other.

C

Colt45

tp0424 said:
I now have 4000 miles on my LR3...bought it in November. I couldn't be happier. However, that is the one thing that bugs me the most. I took it to the dealer and they 'cleaned' the brakes. One week later the squeak came back. I am considering installing Brembos or something other.

Could you please tell us what "Brembos" is ? Thanks, - -

C

Colt45

I didn't see a listing at the Brembo website for the 2005 LR3. - -

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone said they did. Looking to replace the stock LR3 brakes, which are far from inadequate, with any high-end sport brake solution is a little excessive. Sell your LR3 and buy a Range Rover Sport Supercharged instead. :)

Anyway, if you have problems with the brakes... get Land Rover to fix it under warranty! I have had no issues in 7 months of ownership.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

flowner

From what I read as long as the squeak is not excessive, it is normal. I've also , asked my dealer about the squeaks. They took a look at it and said it squeaks. They did a comparision with some LR3s at dealer and said they all squeak. They also said breaks used to be quieter because they used to use asbestos. Sounds reasonalble to me.

I also had a non delear mechainic suggest when it comes time to replace the pads I should change to cermic pads since that would cut down on the breaks dust on the rims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM