New LR4 ! and an HD package / RSE question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang I just picked up a 2010 LR4 to replace my 2005 LR3 HSE. I'm pretty excited. I really dug my LR3, tough to part with it.

The LR4 is currently in the shop having the surround camera wires replaced (blue screen issue). It's sweet - HSE Lux plus, white, almond/arabica interior, bunch of accessories, rear seat entertainment, surround cameras, console fridge.

Preliminarily, I like high beam assist alot. Very cool and works great. The new NAV system is slick, although the day after I bought it, I saw that for 2012 they are going back to a DVD based system from a hard drive based system. Oh well, so much for that advance.

One bummer -- I had rear locker on my 05 HSE, and I think I'll probably miss it on the LR4. But in doing online research tho, it looks to me like package 7LP (which my truck has) includes surround cam AND the HD package with rear locker. But I dont think I have the rear locker. No wires, no fullsize spare. Does anyone know if this changed middle of 2010?

I read somewhere online (must be true) that if you have RSE and something else (rear air??) that you couldn't have the HD package. In other words, pick 2 of the 3. Is this bunk ? Otherwise I think I got an HSE Lux Plus with no rear locker, that was supposed to have a rear locker.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang I just picked up a 2010 LR4 to replace my 2005 LR3 HSE. I'm pretty excited. I really dug my LR3, tough to part with it.

The LR4 is currently in the shop having the surround camera wires replaced (blue screen issue). It's sweet - HSE Lux plus, white, almond/arabica interior, bunch of accessories, rear seat entertainment, surround cameras, console fridge.

Preliminarily, I like high beam assist alot. Very cool and works great. The new NAV system is slick, although the day after I bought it, I saw that for 2012 they are going back to a DVD based system from a hard drive based system. Oh well, so much for that advance.

One bummer -- I had rear locker on my 05 HSE, and I think I'll probably miss it on the LR4. But in doing online research tho, it looks to me like package 7LP (which my truck has) includes surround cam AND the HD package with rear locker. But I dont think I have the rear locker. No wires, no fullsize spare. Does anyone know if this changed middle of 2010?

I read somewhere online (must be true) that if you have RSE and something else (rear air??) that you couldn't have the HD package. In other words, pick 2 of the 3. Is this bunk ? Otherwise I think I got an HSE Lux Plus with no rear locker, that was supposed to have a rear locker.
Congrats on your new LR4,
The rear locker only comes with the HD package. If you do not have the HD package you do not have the rear locker. There are 3 packages for lux. Vision assist, rear entertainment and HD. enjoy the new truck, you will love it. What color is it and post sem pics if you get a chance.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will agree with you, the hi-beam assist was one of the best features I have ever used. I sure miss it.

Congrats on the new LR4!

Rob

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will agree with you, the hi-beam assist was one of the best features I have ever used. I sure miss it.

Congrats on the new LR4!

Rob

I also love the high beam assist, but it has one short coming. I noticed that if there is a car on a cross street, for example a four way stop and the car is not facing you, the high beam assist does not recognize the car lights and the high beam remains on, thus blinding the driver of the car on the cross street.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics of the LR4

OK so I'm guessing that I'm reading incorrect info online. No HD package / and HD was separate from the Lux Plus whatever its called package.

I was choosing between this and a 2011 Metropolis -- and trust me, I wanted the Metropolis for the wheels and the mean black trim / Euro look, but I really liked the better seats in the one I bought over the Metropolis.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PICS of the LR4

Here are some pics... I call this the "AMERICA F YEAH" pic
6281529413_f32c93a66b.jpg
[/url]

At the dealer...
6281529799_b519bd51ee.jpg

At the dealer next to my Tonga Green 05 HSE (LR3)...
6282044080_3634a3e090.jpg
[/url]

At night on the drive home - my favorite pic so far
6282044456_bd06e06d3b.jpg
[/url]

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I also really like the color and the wheels on the LR3 you traded. I have the same color combo you have and I love it. Congrats and thanks for posting the pics.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, nashvegas! Congratulations. I also like some features of the Metropolis, but I think Land Rover should have included more Lux-type options in it as well. It would have been more popular if it was fully loaded. I love the color of your old LR3 - very nice! But, as I've told baobay, I love the white as well. I have Nara Bronze.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - Nara was probably my 2nd choice - actually it was probably higher than white, but its crazy tough to find a (not new) LR4.

This all happened by the way because I took my LR3 in for service, they didnt' have any loaner cars, so they were going to give me a CPO car off the lot, and then I started test driving. Wife was amused, at best.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new LR4,
The rear locker only comes with the HD package. If you do not have the HD package you do not have the rear locker. There are 3 packages for lux. Vision assist, rear entertainment and HD. enjoy the new truck, you will love it. What color is it and post sem pics if you get a chance.

This is true for the 2011 LR4. For 2010, the packages were different - HSE, HSE plus, Lux, Lux plus.

nashvegas -- if you bought a 2010 LR4 lux plus, it should have the HD package. See these two threads:
http://forums.landroverworld.org/showpost.php?p=83260&postcount=2
http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=18293

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4