New LR4 ! and an HD package / RSE question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on these threads, nashvegas has the HD package!
Land Rover can be so confusing. Based on those threads he does appear to have the HD package, but when he describes his LR4, it does NOT sound like he does? Weird.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep this is odd

Yep. odd. It's a late 2010 build. 8/2010 I think (or 7/2010), I'll check the door pillar.

But dealer ran the VIN and when I was there, said it's definitely HSE Lux Plus... and everything else that comes with it (plus RSE). The truck is currently at the dealer getting some accessories put on (and surround cam wires replaced), so I can't check it... I should get it back tomorrow. I'll check then.

One question, did anyone else on here buy the 2010 surround camera as a standalone option? I'm wondering if I have an HSE Lux with the Surround camera option as a standalone ??? But I didnt see it in the options list as a single line item to add.

I am certain that the LR4 doesn't have full size rear tire. I didnt see the wires to the rear locker that my 05 HSE had. Granted, I had it 1 day and didn't look but once, so I could have been wrong. Hopefully so .

Thanks all for the help. I'll post more pics when it's back.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. odd. It's a late 2010 build. 8/2010 I think (or 7/2010), I'll check the door pillar.

But dealer ran the VIN and when I was there, said it's definitely HSE Lux Plus... and everything else that comes with it (plus RSE). The truck is currently at the dealer getting some accessories put on (and surround cam wires replaced), so I can't check it... I should get it back tomorrow. I'll check then.

One question, did anyone else on here buy the 2010 surround camera as a standalone option? I'm wondering if I have an HSE Lux with the Surround camera option as a standalone ??? But I didnt see it in the options list as a single line item to add.

I am certain that the LR4 doesn't have full size rear tire. I didnt see the wires to the rear locker that my 05 HSE had. Granted, I had it 1 day and didn't look but once, so I could have been wrong. Hopefully so .

Thanks all for the help. I'll post more pics when it's back.
Hey nashvegas,

Please keep us posted, this is a mystery! Do you have the front sensors? Softer leather seating? It goes going back to that spare tire, as the HD package has the rear locker and the full-size spare, but you do not have the latter. If, in fact, you do have the rear locker and no full-size spare - I am beginning to wonder if someone removed it and replaced it with the donut size???

I think the Lux version does not come with the Vision Package standard, but rather that is a stand-alone option along with HD - though I am confused because the 2010 says different?

Land Rover can be very confusing at times!

-David

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there - yep I've got the softer leather seating and front park assist sensors. I am hoping to get the truck back tonight so that I can check it out.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there - yep I've got the softer leather seating and front park assist sensors. I am hoping to get the truck back tonight so that I can check it out.

Yeah, you do have the Lux with vision assist, based on the pics you posted with the LED lights under the side mirrors and the active keyless entry buttons on the door handles and the surround cameras. If you have the Lux Plus 2010 model, you should also have a rear locker and a full size spare based on LR info contained in the previous threads. all you need to do is look underneath for a full size spare.
What I would be concerened with if you don't have the HD package is a bait and switch scenario by the dealer. Where they sold you a "lux plus" but gave you a lux. please keep us posted.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you do have the Lux with vision assist, based on the pics you posted with the LED lights under the side mirrors and the active keyless entry buttons on the door handles and the surround cameras. If you have the Lux Plus 2010 model, you should also have a rear locker and a full size spare based on LR info contained in the previous threads. all you need to do is look underneath for a full size spare.
What I would be concerened with if you don't have the HD package is a bait and switch scenario by the dealer. Where they sold you a "lux plus" but gave you a lux. please keep us posted.
I definitely think he has a Lux package, but I am definitely questionting the Lux Plus. If the dealer did indeed pull a fast one like that (whether they knew or not), I'd be contacting Land Rover of NA immediately.

I would demand a new Evoque for the wife as restitution. Hehe!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge