New LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that I can provide some relief...my wife tells me I provide comic relief all of the time.

I will order what you suggested and take a look at the post for install instructions. I will also get the extra bulbs and the headlamp caps. Any pictures would be very welcome. I will certainly be picking every ones brains when they arrive.

(oops, never hit submit....ordered everything right before leaving for the giants game at angel stadium last night...ugly...zito was responsible for 8 runs...and he still has $30m+ left on his contract....)

Noticed two things on the car last night...first trip for more than a few minutes on the highway
1. Breaks or something squeals after being on the highway for a while. Never noticed it before, but then again, I had never been on the highway for one hr either. After getting off the freeway, while in stop and go traffic, i heard it. Then, when i drove home, I didn't hear it at the start, or on the freeway, but I did hear it as I pulled into the driveway. (@250 miles on the car). Ideas? I would assume its normal break squeal, except its weird that it only happens after I have been on the freeway for a while. (not a big issue, just curious)
2. At 75mph, I hear wind buffering near the sunroof. No racks or rails installed yet, nothing horrible, but a bit noticeable. Is that normal for these things? All the other seals seem to be pretty quiet.

Thanks all.

Cheers,

chris
Hey Chris,

I would definitely watch the brakes and make sure it's not something that happens all the time. Your brakes should not be making noise like that long-term and there are known TSBs out on squeeling brakes for the LR4 (but most common is when reversing). Keep an eye (or ear rather) on the brakes and if it continues definitely take it into the dealership. As for the wind buffering sound on the sun roof, that's something I never heard until I put my wind fairing up (just behind the sun roof). It should not be too loud, but there is some wind noise going over 70mph. That may be another item you want to confirm with the dealership, though they can be a bit annoying with their "could not replicate sound" conclusions.

Let the truck break in for a few more hundred miles and see if the noises subside (especially the brakes - the sun roof may just be normal as I barely notice stuff like that). I have heard sometimes that new brakes can make noises at first, especially if the truck has been sitting for a while. Overall, my LR4 has a bit of wind noise due to the Voyager rack.

-David

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was specifically warned by the sales and tech people at the dealership that the brakes will squeal a bit because of them using a "harder composite" on the brake pads. I guess it's a common problem and they are basically saying, "don't worry about it." I agree that if it's really bad, I'd at least call the dealer.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makes sense. wouldn't have brought it up, except that it only seems to occur AFTER driving on the highway for a bit. Local day to day driving, I never hear it. Granted, 250 miles, 5 total days is a pretty small sample size!!! :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makes sense. wouldn't have brought it up, except that it only seems to occur AFTER driving on the highway for a bit. Local day to day driving, I never hear it. Granted, 250 miles, 5 total days is a pretty small sample size!!! :)
Yep, I know it is not uncommon at first, but definitely keep an ear out and bring it in if it continues beyond what seems to be normal. Like I told you, I have never heard brake squeeling unless I have small rocks/stones stuck in the brakes after going through a big puddle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99