New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sliksunny

Reaction score
Same boat as above started getting a strong smell recently on a 2015 LR4. Has any one had it repaired and is it okay to still drive?

mmbirtcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the service manager at Plaza Motors in STL (LR dealer) about the recall and a few other issues unrelated. He said they haven’t received parts for the repair yet, and also more specific repair guidance to be able to schedule repairs here. They anticipate a lot of work and will likely task a tech for those repairs specifically. I don’t believe there’s a labor shortage here with mechanics at the bigger union shops.

I’m also seriously considering having them replace the fuel pump while in there as preventative maintenance.

Luckily I don’t have any fuel odors.

tex_jag

Reaction score
I got my recall letter attached to the oil change bill when I went it for the oil change for my 2016 LR4. The letter just said to wait for the dealer to set a time, as they are short on parts. I was OK with the wait, but this morning I got a message from my insurance agent saying, your car has a recall, check it". And she mentioned that another one of the clients just had a serious fire, while driving.
Now I am trying to get a date scheduled for the fix, not sure if I will be able to.

Joel

Reaction score
This is very interesting as I've just gotten this recall as well for my 2012 Supercharged RR. I'm wondering if this might have something to do with the "vacuum leak" code that I keep getting from the check engine light that seems to never go off after 130k miles. lol I have also smelled some gas as well in the past.
Looking forward to the inventory being avail so we can get this fixed. Has anyone else had a vacuum leak code that seems relatable to this recall?

TXLR4

Reaction score
Bump on this one. Has anyone seen their second letter come in yet?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be astonished if they are able to start performing the repairs anytime before 2Q 2022. My guess is summer of 2022, depending on supply chain issues.

TXLR4

Reaction score
Figured I'd give this a bump again...anyone seen any movement in the ways of a letter from LR?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA