New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LR4HD I notice you are in california. If you are under 7yrs/70K miles, your fuel pump should be covered under california emissions warranty.

LR4HD

Reaction score
Thanks @ jlglr4- my LR4 is a 2011 and over 70K miles. I'm not having any problems with the fuel pump - but saw discussion here about getting it replaced at the same time as recall as preventative maintenance - so I asked about it. If the quoted price was significantly cheaper, I might have done it - but I couldn't justify the $1345 the dealer wanted just to save paying for a few hours of labor down the line just in case the pump may possibly break in the future.

Last edited:

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute. My dealer is telling me there are no parts available for this recall yet. Guessing, based on what I am reading that this is NOT true.

Please confirm. 2015 3.O SC

Thanks

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirming not true - 2016 3.0sc
Thanks. I just called another LR dealer and they have been doing them for two months. So, i am a little ****** right now considering I had it in last month for an O2 sensor CEL and an LOF.

***. let my wife drive off with a safety recall on the fuel system. Not happy.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any more info on whether the fuel pumps are being replaced with the rest of the unit. Some of the invoice seem to have a part listed as “LR175172 Pump - Fuel” - wondering what that is.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine scheduled for tomorrow. When I set the appointment, I asked the service guy if there is anything else they should do while they are in there, such as the fuel pump. He said I shouldn't replace anything if it was not broken. Whatever. Common Land Rover service guy doesn't know the plight of the Land Rover forum poster.

tacos&beer

Reaction score
Got my recall done. Interesting - the letter stated 2-3 hours. My dealer needed 3 days, said they had to drop the gas tank. After picking up the vehicle, 10 miles down the road the "Check Gas Cap" light comes on. Checked it 3 times & keeps coming on. Called the dealer and they claimed it could in no way be related to the recall repair and that I could come in & buy a new gas cap from them to schedule another "diagnostic" appoint at my expense.
Now i just had recall work done on the fuel system and now Im getting this error - coincidence ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA