New Tires-BFG Rugged Terrain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 62K it was time for new tires. I just switched from the BFG AT's to the BFG Rugged Terrains 265-65-18. I got 62K miles out of the AT's so I hope these wear as well. As much as I loved the AT's, I needed more of a compromise between a good highway tire and something that can still get through snow and an occasional off road romp. Just one day with them so far-i'll report back with comments if folks are interested.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPi...8RTTAOWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Last edited:

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look interesting...got pics of them on your LR3?

flyin2jz

Reaction score
any update on these? pics also if you can. I need new tires and think these will work without a lifted lr3. thanks Kevin

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures-it has been raining here for days so please excuse the quality of the pictures.
I can tell you that these are very quiet compared to the A/T's and as you can see by the tread design, much better in the wet. There is some very very minor rubbing when in access mode at full lock-hardly noticable. My mileage has also improved by 1MPG on average-so far. I have not done a lot of long trips since putting these on so I will report back if there are any further improvements. All in all, I am very happy. They are not as nice looking as the A/T's but I think they still look pretty nice and they have qualities that fit my current driving routine.

Attachments

• tires1.jpg
    tires1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 43
  • tires2.jpg
    tires2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 41
  • tires3.jpg
    tires3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 42

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would imagine BF Goodrich knows. From the info on their website, they don't.

flyin2jz

Reaction score
Franklin can u post some pics from the side and rear a little away from the truck? Looks great

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM