New to Land Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mayast1

Reaction score
I just purchased a used 2006 LR3 with 29K miles. Loving it so far...except the stereo. I bought a base model so even though the AUX plug is in the backseat, it's not wired to the stereo. I only found this out today at the dealer after plugging different devices in and getting no sound. My next stop was my stereo guy thinking he could recommend an after market stereo that will allow me to play my iPod or my Pandora on my iPhone. Local radio stations are horrible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thx,
MayaSt1

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome & congrats. Have you tried pushing the AUX button on the dash while your device is plugged in?

mayast1

Reaction score
Yep, and all I get is dead air. It's looks like techs at the dealer tried it because when I got back in my car this morning, it was in aux mode and when I hit FM button, the volume was up full blast.

Gomie

Reaction score
some times those aux ports need a real good push of the plug for the connection to be properly made, and make sure you turn up the device ALL THE WAY, as the aux port is generally very muted over FM/CD audio

mayast1

Reaction score
some times those aux ports need a real good push of the plug for the connection to be properly made, and make sure you turn up the device ALL THE WAY, as the aux port is generally very muted over FM/CD audio
So was the tech wrong in telling me that the radio isn't wired to the aux jack because it's the base model?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes he was. In fact it's kind of preposterous for the tech to say that, what else would it be wired to?

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, there was some talk a few years ago that the AUX wiring was messed up on a few vehicles. Something zero sound from AUX. They swapped wires and magically, sound. As you can tell it is foggy to me, but there was some discussion on this. The pod that the aux input is easy to take out and inspect, rewire, jiggle, etc.

Once you have your iPod in and working, I"ll bet your next stop will be a signal booster. The output from the iPod through the AUX input is very low. I boosted it via a signal line driver. You can get them from Audio Control, Phoenix Gold, etc.

MEDISIN

Reaction score
I have a 2006 SE with Harman Kardon system and the rear AUX port is really stiff. Like the original owner never used it or didn't know it was back there. Have to push the 3.5mm plug firmly in place as it stops just short of being fully engaged. Another push sends it the remaining distance to where it properly seated. Takes more force than you would expect from a 3.5mm mini-jack.

mayast1

Reaction score
I've made sure that I pushed the aux cable all the way into the jack, turned the volume all the way up on my ipod and the then my iphone, changed the stereo to "aux" and turned the sound all the way up and I still get nothing. I had to drop my niece and nephew off with their dad out of town the other day and I ended up going to Best Buy and buying an FM transmitter. Not what I wanted to purchase, but I couldn't stand a 6 hours round trip with no music. Maybe I have one of the vehicle's with the bad aux wiring? Who knows. What's more, no stereo places around here even wanna touch an LR3. What's with that?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac