New to LR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trekker

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been lurking for awhile and it looks like I landed on the right forum. I'm new to Land Rover, but I've been involved in off roading for years with other brands (Jeep, but mostly Hummer). I currently own and off road a Hummer H2 and H3, but I'm looking to go in a different direction. I'm mostly tired of other Hummer owners that just want to sit around and polish chrome and not use the SUV's for their intended purpose. I'm not hard-core into rock crawling or destroying my vehicle, but I love trail rides and I'm looking to get into overland expeditions.

Over the past few months I've researched everything from Jeep, Toyota, and even the Ford Raptor, and I kept coming back to Land Rover. I've off roaded in the past with LR owners and I was always impressed that they're not ********** and how capable their vehicles were stock. Other brands needed lifts and more aggressive tires to run the same trails.

So I recently leased a Range Rover Evoque for mostly highway and some winter driving just to see if I like the brand. I absolutely love it and all I can think about now is getting a LR4. What I really want to do is slightly mod out a LR4 to do an overland expedition on the Trans-America Trail. I won't have the time to do the entire trail at once, but I would like to do a few sections at a time over the span of a couple of years. Anyone care to join me?

I've got lots of questions, but I promise to be a good forum noob and use the search feature. Any advice is welcome!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oledave49