Adding Pentofrost SF to OEM LR Coolant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Hmm... that's a good question about topping off with other brands of OAT coolants with different colors. If it was me, I'd put on my shoes and get oem. I wouldn't want to question the cooling system doing it's job over driving 30 mins away to get the right stuff.

I had my share of cooling issues to know that I would rather spend the extra time to do it correctly vs costing me in the long run.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I replaced my radiator I just went for OEM coolant from the dealer. They sell the concentrated formula and it was surprisingly cheap.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a pretty deep dive on this and I'm pretty confident that any OAT coolant (that is also silicate free) will work without adverse effects on the cooling system.

Interestingly, OAT coolants started as free of phosphates and silicates, then a new class of Si-OAT has been released (mostly utilized by the Europeans).

The Pentofrost SF meets all of the specs and standards as the XLC Land Rover coolant. I should be 100% fine.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposed to be a quick (1 hr) job with minimal loss of coolant (~ 1/4 liter) if you clamp hoses well... and I just did coolant last year when replacing crossovers :)

How long did it take to do the cross overs? I need to do mine. Did you need special tools?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72