New TPMSs for new R18 tires LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martin v

Reaction score
I recently installed TuffAnt 18s, and the sensors from our old stock 19" wheels (LR4 2010) seem to work fine.

Paul M

Reaction score
I recently installed TuffAnt 18s, and the sensors from our old stock 19" wheels (LR4 2010) seem to work fine.

Which Tuffants do you have ? I havnt mounted mine yet tryign to address the TPMS issue

Analogue

Reaction score
I just installed 18” AlphaEquipt Echos on my LR4...reused the TPMS from OEM wheels. After about a mile of driving on new wheels the TPMS reset - no issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duffy79

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution for new TPMS on 18” Lucky8 Steelies? I have a 2016 LR4. I went through Discount Tire for the new tires, and the new aftermarket sensors aren’t syncing up to deactivate fault light.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at my posts on discount tire in the start of this thread. They went through 2 different sensors that did not work until they finally just got one from Land Rover.

Parker Freeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased Tuffant steel wheels and by the recommendation of the owner of Tuffant USA, I went with external TPMS sensors on each valve stem and a display that I mounted on my dash. They seem to work pretty well and I get actual PSI readings from each wheel as well as temperature readings. I'm not sure if this stock TPMS system on the LR4 is worth much of anything except if your tire is low and sets off the alarm. There are two types of Tuffant steel wheels. I believe the standard offset that I purchased does not allow for the OEM TPMS sensors to be mounted correctly and the other offset does.

Duffy79

Reaction score
Look at my posts on discount tire in the start of this thread. They went through 2 different sensors that did not work until they finally just got one from Land Rover.
Yes, good intel. I was hoping since that post was from 2 years ago that hopefully there was a development on the solutions. Seems the best solution is to deactivate the sensor system.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an aftermarket TPMS sensor work? I'm looking for ones with a rubber valve stem and not the OE metal one.

Discount tire sells and installs these for $60 each:

As I stated in this thread already, I previously didn't have a good experience with the standard Discount Tire aftermarket TPMS sensor (they eventually had to source an OEM one from Land Rover), but that was a different sensor that mimicked the Land Rover metal valve stem.

I've searched previous threads (circa 2017) here and saw that TPMS.com was recommended as a source for aftermarket sensors, but it looks like all tpms.com carries now is the original Land Rover sensor.

Last edited:

Haris

Reaction score
Considering the TuffAnts as well, here, thanks to the lack of need for spacers -- but does anyone have any experience to tell them whether the LR4 TPMS sensors work w/ the TuffAnt 18s?
I installed TuffAnts on my 2015 LR4 at Discount Tire. Their sensors did not work. Instead of exploring a different frequency, they decided to buy Land Rover original sensors, so problem solved. A few weeks later I spoke to another shop who deals with Land Rovers, they suggested they have ordered sensors from TireRack for Land Rovers (about $20 apiece) and they have worked fine.

HaH

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72