New Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paulroad on AW's allroad forum has this MBI from Geico on his allroad under an older contract than the current version (that you can read online), and he still gets coverage of certain components with over 150,000 miles on the Audi! The present policy ends at 100,000. Geico caught the error? There's a line about buying the car new and having Geico's MBI since then, or something, IIRC.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the heated, rain sensing windshield on my '08 LR3 (with 300 miles on it). I've had bad experiences with insurance companies over the years so I don't turn in anything under $2k. The windshield at TechnaGlass was $1,454 installed. Two days after I got it we had a big snow storm and the next day I turned on the windshield heater and it cleared the snow and ice in just a few minutes. May not be LR branded, but it works great.

David

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
richpike,

It does in fact wind up working like an extended warranty, but with a higher deductible. It basically covers any work up to 100,000 miles (not sure if there is a time limit, but I don't think so) and carries a $250 deductible. For glass breakage, that deductible is $50.

I do know that it ONLY covers brand new cars...because I wanted to get it for my wife's Camry too and couldn't.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge