New Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I paid Safelite Auto Glass my $500 deductible to replace the front windshield on my '07 HSE. Very pleased with the results. They even came to my office to do the job.

Look for them in your town. Highly recommended.

P

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced my (heated) windshield twice with OEM glass and have paid a grand total of $100 ($50x2). Gotta love Geico's "Mechanical Breakdown" insurance; I highly recommend it.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced my (heated) windshield twice with OEM glass and have paid a grand total of $100 ($50x2). Gotta love Geico's "Mechanical Breakdown" insurance; I highly recommend it.

Geico says there's a $250 deductible per claim under the "Mechanical Breakdown" coverage, which costs extra BTW.

P

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much does the window actually cost?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think I'd want to demand a LR windshield.

That said, if you can't notice a difference (fine heater lines and all) they may just get it from the same manufacturer, but w/o the branding?!?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patriot, it's $250 to cover the repair for a mechanical part, like a transmission, or in our case...more than likely an air suspension compressor! The glass breakage deductible is $50. I should know, like I said...I've done this twice already.

Yes, it costs money to have that piece of insurance...last I checked it was about $8 a month more. That's money well spent in my mind.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love Geico's "Mechanical Breakdown" insurance; I highly recommend it.
Can you explain more about this Mechanical Breakdown insturance? It sounds like a form of extended warranty.

-Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4