Newbie here with newbie question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruffinit

Reaction score
Hey guys I just purchased a 2004 range rover and love it to death, despite the minor problems it seems to have!(leaks when rains, turn signal fell out, air conditioner stopped working for a day, real pain in the a@$!!), but I have seen some with stock chrome rims, and was wondering where people are getting this done, and how much they cost?? Thanks in advance!

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock chrome rims? What is on the vehicle now? How big do you want? Most of the rovers I see are running at least 20" rims. Saw one yesterday with 22" rims!!! They were HUGE!

S

SteveA

If you are looking for a set of factory wheels that are chromed, keep in mind a few things. This is obviously not an option from Land Rover. There are several places that offer chromed factory wheels on a replacement basis. You ship them your wheels, then they ship you a set that is chrome. Remember chrome is only as good as the surface prep work that was done. I've seen some that look great, but they usually don't hold up very well.

One final note, the factory 19" wheel is not a very smooth casting. It's not noticable in the factory silver color, but if the wheel is not smoothed before plating, it will be very obvious. I've seen a set that was plated without any smoothing, and it looked horrible. The chrome magnifies any surface irregularities.

If you are looking for aftermarket wheels, be carefull because there are very few wheels that are a proper fitment for the new Range Rover. Momo makes a very nice wheel in a 22" size that is available in chrome. It probably will not be any more expensive than getting the factory wheels chromed properly.

Just my $0.02.

Stephen

ruffinit

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! Yea I think your right, I have to carefully research the place that would be doing the chroming, if I decide to go that route. I really like the mom's, I thnk we're talking about the same ones! But they are a hefty penny! But what's really stopping me from getting those is the ride quality would deteriorate greatly with 22's wouldn't it? Does anyone have 22's or even the 20's on their rovers? Can they compare to the 19's??? But 22's, if you do not care about ride quality is the way to go!
Stephen, have you seen any good chromed factory wheels that have been prepped correctly?? The reason I ask is to see if they exist!

D

disco1

Hmmm, 22" rims! I think you need to consider some options.
I don't want to be a naysayer but considering that most 22" tires have a profile ranging from 35-45, I wouldn't like to off-road with them. Consider also, that if your rolling diameter increases (depending on tire profile) you will gain top end speed to the detriment of low end and visa versa.

Regards,
Roland.K

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72