Newbie Jack Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kev M

Reaction score
Well, happily sitting at my desk this morning with the kids getting ready to log into school meets when the wife calls "g@#$_ Defender got a flat" and she was late for sign-out at the hospital.

So I threw the kids in the Jeep, grabbed a breaker bar and some sockets and ran out to meet her.

Now bless her heart she'd already set up the jack and attempted (but failed) to break loose some lug nuts.

I heard her grind my Jeep's gears as she pulled away and left me and the kids there in the rain.

Shortly after mounting the spare I was trying to put the jack and tools away but I realized I never saw how it was in the first place and it looks like it fits very particularly.

Any chance someone can take a pic of their jack in the foam mount and maybe a pic of how the damn tools mount to the side. I think if the tools aren't facing a particular way that it won't fit.

Please and thank you.

I think I have it close:

42c78a7fbca6302ce4fe1c8e8dbae1eb.jpg

b7e66ea107ded089eacd73a7e233b6f0.jpg

Last edited:

Kev M

Reaction score
Ok she came home and couldn't remember, but there was a not horrible shot in the Owners Manual.

If anyone else runs into this:
31f4381067234296ab33322d325c1902.jpg
c98153a4c7bc9e3ebf79abd49a554a3a.jpg

Preetsarai

Reaction score
Ok she came home and couldn't remember, but there was a not horrible shot in the Owners Manual.

If anyone else runs into this:
31f4381067234296ab33322d325c1902.jpg
c98153a4c7bc9e3ebf79abd49a554a3a.jpg
You have spare nuts? The security key is missing in the second photo. Also, did you use the alignment bolt (it’s the thin long bolt next to the left of recovery hook) to get the wheel back on?

Kev M

Reaction score
You have spare nuts? The security key is missing in the second photo. Also, did you use the alignment bolt (it’s the thin long bolt next to the left of recovery hook) to get the wheel back on?
Ha ha no spare nuts. Those were for the spare which was dropped off at a shop awaiting a new tire when I took that.

The security key (do you mean wheel lock key?) was temporarily tucked in a socket set of mine awaiting return of said spare.

And sadly I did not discover the alignment bolt while changing the flat in the rain, but I did notice and use it when that spare came back. I also thought at that point to show it to the wife should she get in that situation again and I'm not around to do the grunt work.

Thanks

Preetsarai

Reaction score
Ha ha no spare nuts. Those were for the spare which was dropped off at a shop awaiting a new tire when I took that.

The security key (do you mean wheel lock key?) was temporarily tucked in a socket set of mine awaiting return of said spare.

And sadly I did not discover the alignment bolt while changing the flat in the rain, but I did notice and use it when that spare came back. I also thought at that point to show it to the wife should she get in that situation again and I'm not around to do the grunt work.

Thanks
Great it all worked out. That would’ve been my guess - you’d not put the spare back on yet. I prefer the LR4 jack over the Defender - much easier to work with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA