Newbie to the LR4 - GAP tool a must?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWLR4

Reaction score
Greetings! Recently purchased a 2011 LR4 HSE and am enjoying it so far. I’ve read a lot about the GAP IID BT and see it has a lot of benefits. I plan to do a good bit of moderate overlanding, so is it a must-have item? My gut tells me it is...just looking for some input from those who’ve been in the game a while. Thanks in advance. ✌

Analogue

Reaction score
I’m in the same spot as you - newbie LR4 owner and I’m receiving my gap tool today (purchased from LK8)

Will watch this thread with interest - one mod I intend to make is to set the default normal height slightly higher to allow for some small tire rubbing clearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes.

It pays for itself very quickly when you can diagnose an issue, update software (for a fee), and can monitor values in real time.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just about pays for itself when simply programming a new key fob bought off Amazon as opposed to going the OEM dealer route $$$'s

keya

Reaction score
Depends on which dealership you go to, you could spent about 800 for the fob and the cut key!!!!! It's just stupid. I have had a car for a few months and it has paid for itself already.

Since I got the car and IIDTool, I have already programmed two keyfobs and a new battery. I also can change the ride height on the fly. That's how I have used it so far.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than anything, I just like being able to check on things without going to a mechanic. If you are a DIY type, its a no brainer.

Analogue

Reaction score
I was hoping to find some tutorials here for how to address some common functions...is there a good thread for this? Should we start a sticky?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72