NGK vs Bosch Ignition coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another quick update;

Evidently, the NGK’s are on back order. I’m going to try and see if I can get a shipping ETA, but I’m sure all I’ll get is something along the lines of, “Due to the supply chain crisis….blah blah blah”.

I may be forced to go the eBay route…or possibly the Bosch route….assuming they’re in stock. Thankfully I have a couple of weeks while the block is getting machined, so I don’t have to go crazy just yet.

Was kicking myself for missing your earlier post. I don't get on very often anymore...

I have found that our engine / ECM hates everything but stock coils. Admittedly, I didn't try NGK, but they were on my list.

Bremi and Delphi wouldn't even run. I went OEM and it started right up.

Just food for thought..

DTXRover

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Rover Sport and recently changed the spark plugs and replaced the NGKs with NGKs at around 140K miles. I noted that the Coils were the original Bosch FoMoCo coils (see pic) and they were working fine and continue to work good. I watched a few YouTube videos and noted that others had tried some less expensive coils and they found them to be inferior in quality with a shorter wire connecting the actual coil to the plug which caused misfires. They ended up going back to the original OEM coils or similar. I noted that the alternator in my Rover is Denso as well, and personally prefer the NGK or Denso plugs. For the coils I think any of the three major brands would work and would just avoid off brand or cheap coils.

Attachments

• Rover Coil Pic Bosch.jpg
    Rover Coil Pic Bosch.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 45

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evidently, CarID.com said they'll ship early to mid April. If that slides at all, I'll switch to Bosch...I just happen to have time to wait right now as I haven't even got the block back from the machine shop.

Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72