Nitto G2 265/50/20 don't fit, really??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelly Barrie

Reaction score
I'm hoping the knowledge base here can help shed some light on a mysterious tire fitment issue. After reading many, many tire threads, I decided to run nitto terra grapplers G2 265/50/20 on the oem ten spoke rims (2012 LR4 HSE). So all excited, I took the rims and tires to get fitted, rears went on fine, but much to my surprise the front tires would bump into the upper ball joint preventing a flush mount. Suffice enough to say, I had to give up, load the wheels back into the truck, and leave feeling pretty defeated. As I drove away, I noticed that the suspension had been set to off road height, not sure if this was an accident on the techs part, but I didn't have time to return that day and ask some more questions. I was hoping to run this setup as my daily driver and then order some compos for more adventurous stuff. Any ideas, thoughts on what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should fit, I run 285/50r20, and I know a few people who run 275/55r20.
I would check the wheels on both sides, and if you have any picture to show that may be helpful.

Kelly Barrie

Reaction score
Thank you for responding, I will work on getting some pics up when I take it down to my Landy guy next week. When you say check the wheels on both sides what specifically are you referring to, so I can be more observant when I try to mount these again.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures showing where the tires are hitting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kelly Barrie

Reaction score
Well, got them on after all. When I took it down to my Landy Guy, he said, which Jwest pointed out before hand, that since the car was on a lift and had not been Locked into access mode, the suspension kept reaching, making it hard for the tech to get a very heavy wheel flush with the hub. I have to say I love the way this set up feels for daily driving and camp/forest trails etc. Road response/handling is much improved, and still delivers that classic LR cloud ride. Next up, order a set of 18 compos, Install dual battery sys and add a fridge of course. Aux camp lights and rear tactical bumper with swing away might have to be in next years budget, you definitely feel the wallet drain with these beasts, but I just love this truck! HSE with HD package front and rear lockers, bought it last year with 32k on it.

IMG_0070.jpg
View attachment 8413

Last edited:

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Kelly Barrie, post: 186035, member: 33693"HSE with HD package front and rear lockers, bought it last year with 32k on it.

Did you mean to say rear and center diff lockers that the Heavy Duty comes with or did the previous owner install an aftermarket front locker?

I love the truck too:)

Kelly Barrie

Reaction score
Yes, thanks for correcting, I was referring to the HD package lockers. Some front air lockers would be nice though ;)

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters but every time I pick my truck up from Goodyear it's in the offroad height mode. Maybe a tire store thing?

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters but every time I pick my truck up from Goodyear it's in the offroad height mode. Maybe a tire store thing?

No, they aren't messing with your truck;) It's better to put it in off-road mode so that the computer isn't adjusting the height while the truck is being lifted. Also, there is more room to work.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM