No Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starbrite

Reaction score
My wife is driving our 2000 discovery and it is giving off very little heat. The fan is working fine, I checked the heater core hoses, the input is warm but the return is not. Thus leading me to believe that something is clogged? What else could be happening? Can it be blown out? I need some help here guys!!! She is now suggesting that she drive my new truck

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to stop driving it, you have air trapped in the engine which will cause you to blow your head gasket, if they haven't already failed.
When stone cold, bleed the coolant system then have someone pressure test the engine for your coolant leak and fix ASAP.

starbrite

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. It has never over heated and I have always kept an eye on the temp gauge especially on long trips knowing how easy it is to blow head gaskets in these. It has always ran cool with the gauge never rising over the half mark. We have owned it for a year and no coolant has been lost at all. Since my wife drives it I try to look over the basics every month or two. Do you still think the air bubble is the problem? Thanks Robert

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You either have an air bubble or very low on coolant.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know how to bleed the coolant system, how low is the coolant level in the mornings before starting and have you had to add any coolant over the last 2 months?

Big_Mark

Reaction score
Mike, please describe, or link to instructions on bleeding the Coling system. I have "Gurgling" coming from behind my dash, I'm pretty sure I need to bleed the cooling system. My coolant level is not low either.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM me your number and I'll walk you thru what to do.

starbrite

Reaction score
No I dont know how to bleed it, can you describe? I have never had to add coolant . Thanks

Big_Mark

Reaction score
PM me your number and I'll walk you thru what to do.

thanks for the call back Mike. I was able to open the bleeder nut on the passenger side of the radiator in my 1994 D1 with 3.9 then opened the expansion tank then added coolant as you described.
Bubbles came out. I filled the tank to the neck, closed up the system then ran the vehicle till it came up to temp. now it's sitting for a day.
The D1 is my wheeler, my D3 is my daily driver.

Tomorrow when I get home I will check the levels and add coolant if needed. If the expansion tank level looks good should I open it or would that introduce air back into the system?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99