Now I'm worried...my first LR3 glitch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrsLauraE

Reaction score
Hi guys--please forgive a girl like me lurking around for help :hello:

I bought my LR3 only two weeks ago--a 2006 SE with 27K miles, in great, great condition.
So far, perfect. LOOOOOVE it!

Then, today, just as I'm going out of my neighborhood...the suspension light comes on, and the warning panel says, "Suspension Fault: Normal Height Only."

I looked in the manual, and it suggests to "seek qualified assistance immediately." I called the LR dealership, and the service dept isn't open until Monday morning.

So, what's the deal? Now, you have to understand why I want to cry right now (besides the fact that I'm female)--I traded in my ultra reliable, no problems at all, six-year-old Odyssey for this LR3, and I'm hoping I didn't do a bad trade.

Any of you have problems like this? I'm still covered under warranty, so I'm not stressed too bad, but I hope it's not a big deal. :dontknow:

oakley-mra125

Reaction score
It's just saying hello. I am on my 3rd and 4th rovers and every one has had a problem within the first month of ownership. My '06 lr3 has been very reliable. This is most likely not a big problem. At least as far as cost.

The problem could be several things. If it was my truck I would still drive it. Just not to far.

Let us know how things work out. Good luck.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mrs. Laura, does your LR3 still have the original battery in it?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the problem go away the next time you started the vehicle? Sometimes a "computer reboot" by restarting the vehicle will clear faults. It has been recommended by others that prior to starting the vehicle, allow the system to fully cycle through. You can do this by turning the key to position II, lights will go on, and then you'll hear a chime, after which start the ignition.

As duckdive and cdodkin have pointed out, an old battery with low voltage can also lead to vehicle faults.

MrsLauraE

Reaction score
Hmmm...don't know if it has the original battery.
That will be one of those things I'll have to get my husband to check tomorrow :)

And, no, the problem didn't go away when I restarted the car. I did several short errands today, and the warning message came on each time. I'll try doing the full cycle start tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies and for your advice.
I've never joined a "car forum" before, but I've never had a car this cool before!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...the LR3 is a high-maintenance, high-performance rig, in my opinion. That said, don't sweat faults too much until you know what they're all about. If they're amber they're usually not a big deal. If they go away on a re-boot they're usually no big deal. Otherwise, it could be something simple in this case like a height sensor. Or it could be the EAS compressor, you just don't know.

...but these little things are sort of the "cost of admission" which is why I've advised people to buy an LR3 only if they are willing to put up with the quirks and if they intend to go off-road in it, thus making it worth the trouble!

Your rig will be okay, don't cry...

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That msg is one that isn't the most frequent when an EAS fault comes up. Did you go thru any water, or did it rain while your truck was outside? Did you have any thing done around the wheel wells? Did your run over anything in the road?

The reason, is that that error msg could point to the truck not getting a reading from one of the four suspension height sensors. It can't compute what height the truck is at, so it goes into safe mode and leaves it at normal.

When you go to the 4x4 screen on the nav system, does it show blinking light at one of the four wheels, or all, or none?

(The good news is, I have an 05 LR3 and an 05 Honda Odyessy. You will love your LR3. I have had less problems wiht the LR3 amazingly enough.)

MrsLauraE

Reaction score
Well...I am now at the LR dealer and the service dept is putting in a new air compressor.
Is this serious stuff? Thank goodness I don't have to pay for it, but I'm crossing my fingers that it won't happen again.

Thanks again for the replies and advice :)

gatorbob

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen with that warning light out of the blue. Would come on every time I drove. They replaced the compressor under warranty and no problems since. From what they told me, they had just changed to a new compressor that was suppose to be less problematic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oledave49