Offroad dedicated wheels / RRSport HSE rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up an almost free set of stocker RRSport 19" HSE rims... with halfway decent tires.

Plan is to have a dedicated set of rims for onroad, and another dedicated to beating up offroad w/ better offroad tires.

I had planned on using the RRS rims to beat offroad but I really like them. Here's the question. I sat the rims by my rig and I like the look. So now I"m thinking of taking my stock LR3 HSE rims and using them for offroad, and using the RRS rims as my "onroad" set. Both are 19"s.

One other question. I want to have the RRS wheels repainted / refinished (some curb rash) -- but a dark metallic titanium grey, not black, not silver. Anyone have opinions? I think it will look mean w/ my rig. Anyone have pics of dark grey wheels on a tonga lr3 ?

Last edited:

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd use the LR3 rims for off road, easier/less $$$ to come by if you were to bend one or something.

Nothing looks better on a Tonga Green LR than gray rims in my opinion.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had those 19" RRS wheels on my silver LR3 for four years and loved the look of them. personally, i think they look better on the LR3, than the original 18" and 19" LR3 wheels. i however sold them to get 18"s (which i originally had) so that i could get more aggressive tires at a decent price. i would run the RRS wheels on a regular basis and use the LR3 wheels for off road. now regarding the finish....just spray paint them graphite like foofighter did (see link below). his look very nice. i powdercoated my wheels a gloss black and really like them, but in retrospect i probably would have rattle canned them matte black. it would be much easier to fix any off road damage.

http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=17603&highlight=spray+paint

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh....here's two pics of my truck from 4 years ago when i first put on the RRS wheels. i still love them and would have kept them if i had room to store them.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool link / pics

Hey - thanks, I didnt find that in the search. I think I'm going to get that exact same grey metallic paint and do mine.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The duplicolor paint is great stuff, I've done five wheels with their black paint, make sure to apply many light coats as opposed to less big coats. And of course post pics when your done :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4