Offroading Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamgolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome! I'm jealous of the location, I dont think we have anything like that around my area.

Originally I did not think a place like this existed near DFW, but I did a search and found out about it. I sould suggest you check out some of the 4x4 forums to get some info.

Cheers!

jamgolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jam,

Ive been meaning o try bridgeport as ive only gone to Barnwell. Next time you want to go, let me know and I'll go with you. I live in valley ranch/las colinas area, which is just east of DFW airport. Also, there is a DFW Texas rovers club meeting tomorrow night if you're interested in going and meeting the club that organizes one of the largest LR off roading rally in the country. Www.texasrovers.com

Awesome video!

Hey Ougrad

Thanks for the texasrovers.com link I will bookmark it. Can't go to the meeting tonight/tomorrow due to family obligations but I can ping you when I am going to Bridgeport next time. I wasn't planning to go this past Sunday, but then there were no games on TV or anything else to do so we decided to go at the spur of the moment :)

Cheers!

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jamgolf,

That was awesome man! I do have two questions. Do you have the HD package with the locking rear differential? Just curious as I didn't get it on my 2012 and am wondering if mine is as capable as what you're doing there? If you do have the HD package, did you notice if your rear diff was engaging?

Thanks and keep posting!

jamgolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jamgolf,

That was awesome man! I do have two questions. Do you have the HD package with the locking rear differential? Just curious as I didn't get it on my 2012 and am wondering if mine is as capable as what you're doing there? If you do have the HD package, did you notice if your rear diff was engaging?

Thanks and keep posting!

Thanks for you kind words.
My LR4 does not have the HD package.
It is one of the left over 2011 HSE models that I purchased just before Xmas.

Cant comment on the differential but so far whatever I have done in this vehicle, it has proven to be very capable.
I don't intend to do anything too extreme, as I am always doing this with my kids and wife and their safety is always on my mind.

I did read a book about off roading and watch a lot of instructional videos and other videos for tips and dos/donts. Also I will not do anything that I don't feel confident in. Otherwise, I think for people like me the stock LR4's limits are far beyond the driver's. I feel I will chicken out way before this thing will.
Cheers!

Last edited:

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for you kind words.
My LR4 does not have the HD package.
It is one of the left over 2011 HSE models that I purchased just before Xmas.
Cheers!

Thanks! That makes me feel better.. definitely more confident in mine. I highly doubt I'll need to go anywhere that is more demanding that in your video.

lovison

Reaction score
Hey Ougrad

Thanks for the texasrovers.com link I will bookmark it. Can't go to the meeting tonight/tomorrow due to family obligations but I can ping you when I am going to Bridgeport next time. I wasn't planning to go this past Sunday, but then there were no games on TV or anything else to do so we decided to go at the spur of the moment :)

Cheers!

Jamgolf,

Watched the video and it looked pretty awesome.

ougrad1 / jamgolf,

I’m in the DFW area as well (Frisco) and would love to meet some people to go riding with. If you end up heading out to Bridgeport let me know as well and I can meet you guys out there too!

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jam,

Ive been meaning o try bridgeport as ive only gone to Barnwell. Next time you want to go, let me know and I'll go with you. I live in valley ranch/las colinas area, which is just east of DFW airport. Also, there is a DFW Texas rovers club meeting tomorrow night if you're interested in going and meeting the club that organizes one of the largest LR off roading rally in the country. Www.texasrovers.com

Awesome video!

I live in Dallas and second that sentiment

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90