Old Defender or keep upgrading LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll prob be selling my 97NAS later this year. CA truck with ZERO rust. 121K on truck, 5K on AB Long block that I pulled apart sent to machine shop to have everything mic'd as well as the heads ported/flowed, crower cam, lifters, ARP Headbolts and ARP main bolts, full NRP exhaust (new), and most of the engine parts powder coated, as well as ceramic coated exhaust manifolds. This was going to be a life-long keeper and I wanted the engine perfect, but I've decided to change directions (track my E46M3, and rebuild engine,trans,susp on 930) so I need to let it go when I get it back on the road.

Hotrod 930's, hehehe, the widowmakers. I do love me a hot 911. They are my other automotive affliction.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The correct answer is always to get both. That said, if you can only have 1, I would keep the LR4.

Can it do everything a built Defender can do? No. Can it be made to do 90% or better of what a Defender can do? Yes. And it will do it while offering a more comfortable experience in every measurable category.

I sometimes hop in the Wrangler that is my daughters daily driver to run an errand and I consistently come out thinking "Damn, I'm glad I don't have to live with this thing all the time".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM