Older LR3's / Transmission update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend to anyone that has an older LR3 ('05/'06) to have their dealer install the latest transmission update software during their next service. I had this done last week and it's like driving a different vehicle. The software update alters the shift patterns to eliminate the **** or surge felt when accelerating from an almost or dead stop. The difference is very noticable.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...any issues thereafter with the transmission not wanting to go into 1st gear (using Command Shift) or going into first and "bouncing" out into 2nd?

This has happened to me; but yeah...the surge is gone.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, no problems. I'm telling you its like driving a different vehicle all together.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI: This is a 'mandatory' upgrade, which the dealer would automatically do on a service visit. By now, everyone should have already had it done!

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had mine applied ~4 weeks ago - absolutely a huge difference in the transmission!

DonA

Reaction score
How old is this update? I had my 05' done with whole vehicle upgrade whatever campaign.

I still have the problem with the trans and it really bothers me since I have several yield signs to & form work where the problem really becomes apparent.

Dealer states they cannot replicate the problem. It goes in next Wed. for 30k service I guess I'll complain about it again and see.

At least they ordered a steering wheel for me in advance since it like others has started to blister & peel :hmpf:

Last edited:

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually found a post on here which described symptoms required to qualify for a 'special' transmission update. "Clunks from second to first" or something like that... the description fit my symptoms.

Anyway, those seemed to be the magic words.

antonio1

Reaction score
I recommend to anyone that has an older LR3 ('05/'06) to have their dealer install the latest transmission update software during their next service. I had this done last week and it's like driving a different vehicle. The software update alters the shift patterns to eliminate the **** or surge felt when accelerating from an almost or dead stop. The difference is very noticable.

How much did the dealership charge?

antonio1

Reaction score
How much did the dealership charge for the transmission software update?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis