On Board Air?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the LR3 had a compartment under the hood to install an on board air compressor or a second battery. But there appears to be some kind of electrical box in this space in the LR4. I would like to install an on board air compressor, like the Viair 400. Anyone here with an LR4 found a way to squeeze one of these under the hood or another good place to install?
Thanks

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm also interested in installing a compressor for my LR4. I just returned from Moab and would have loved it if I could have aired down and back up for some of the trails out there.

ndrenfro,

You have the same color combination as I do on my HSE LUX.

Rob

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob - Very nice. Must be a popular combo. I certainly like it.

I am gonna try to take a look at it tonight and take some measurements to see if its possible to squeeze a compressor under the hood. I'll let you know.

Nathan

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing that, but the portable version is so much more versatile. I have the Viair 440p. You'd have to open your hood to use the setup you're talking about anyway. So why not just get the portable one that connects to the battery? That way you can use it wit other vehicles as well. I usually just keep it in the back of the LR.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boaz - How is the 440p working for you? Any problems with it? I am thinking that may be the best way to go as well.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Works great. It's a double piston model, so it's very fast. It was the one recommended by the 4x4 pro shop. Feels really solid. Never any problems.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked in the box on the drivers side last night. They put some extra electrical connections in there and I don't think we can get a compressor mounted in there.

I may look at placing a compressor under the truck with the intake relocated up in the engine compartment. I would love to have a small tank under there too just to speed up the usage of the compressor.

More to come.

Rob

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635