On/Off-Road Premium Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

classicflytyer

For those that have HSEs or SEs with the On/Off-Road Premium Navigation.

What do you think of the DVD based on-road navigation?

What is the off-road navigation?

Is the 4x4 driver information center a gimmick or REALLY useful?

Basically, is the On/Off-Road Premium Navigation worth the SE option price or yet another reason to purchase a HSE?

F

Freeflytim

I used to think a NAV system was a gimmick until I was driving my dad's Surburban from Chicago the Chattanooga... Somewhere in the middle of nowheresville Indiana the interstate traffic was completely stopped. I started hitting some buttons on its NAV system and it took me off the interstate and down country backroads. I bypassed a 8 mile backup! So, yeah, its nice to have.

The off road navigation is a bit to figure out and takes a bit of 'cockpit management' to use off road, but can be helpfull. The 4x4 info screen is cool and something I 'show off' but don't use.

If you got the money, DO get a HSE7... with HD and rear climate. You get better driver seat and stereo. I had an SE as a loaner and I did notice the difference. Tho I like the ride a little better on the SE's 18inch rims versus my 19s... Strange, yeah, but I did notice a little difference. Not to say the 19's ride bad- they don't.

If you're looking for 'right now' you're likely be able to get a better deal on an SE right now as every dealer's lot is full of them. But not on an HSE, dealers don't have any... and LR's got everything going into the RRS rollout right now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM