only 2 front doors lock using key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my lr3 is having a locking issue, can the IIDtool figure out what is the source? Has anyone heard of this before?

Symptom is:
1st, normally attempt to lock all doors with key fob button
2, sounds like doors lock
3, the front 2 doors DO lock
4, all three rear doors/hatch do NOT lock.
5, Opening any of the unlocked ones results in alarm turning on.

-AND, the vehicle is about 150 miles from end of warranty mileage/coverage but 250 miles from the dealer I usually go to in Tacoma, WA or 175 miles from nearest dealer which is in Spokane, WA :/

Obviously my first thought was utilizing my AAA and whatever other vehicle roadside service I have from other sources.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the locking mechanisms are messed up. Either way if it's under warranty, get it sorted out now. The mechanisms can be repaired I have read, or replaced. It seems like a huge hassle. I have one that is failing same symptoms -- you can check if the 2nd row lock mechanism manual lock is moving at all when you trip the lever, or manual locking works. Of course, the potential is for a broken wire somewhere.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I think it's highly unlikely that exactly the 3 rear mechanisms all failed at the same time.

cannonball55

Reaction score
its not uncommon for the rear doors to stop working. is it possible that one or more doors havent been locking properly for some time, and now you just noticed and there are 3 that arent working properly?

i agree its unlikely that they would all crap out simultaneously but just a thought.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM