Opinions on LR3 Wheel Alignment frequency

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buybrakes

Reaction score
Just a quick poll on owner's opinions on how often they do a four wheel alignment on their LR3s:

How often do you align your LR3 and what has been your tire wear/mileage experience in terms of inside/outside tire wear, cupping etc....

Assuming of course that you follow tire pressure specs, if not state your preference on F/R tire pressures.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick poll on owner's opinions on how often they do a four wheel alignment on their LR3s:

How often do you align your LR3 and what has been your tire wear/mileage experience in terms of inside/outside tire wear, cupping etc....

Assuming of course that you follow tire pressure specs, if not state your preference on F/R tire pressures.

Have yet to do an alignment on MY07 but i am just now replacing my GY with some Zeons. I run perelli ice and snow for 4 months every year. Rotate tires with seasons since I do 10k a year. I also run the stock pressures only because I haven't seen any unusual wear.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only do alignment if front end work goes on. I also rotate my Zeons regularly, as last set lasted 48k miles.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a rotate and balance of the tires can do wonders. Best of all free with my tire purchase.

quickdraw

Reaction score
Just did a 4 wheel alignment, new tires,wrangler's
2006 54k
This is my first alignment, had wranglers as my first tire as well.
I have gotten good wear on tires.
Rotate every season or 3000 miles

DIscoMike627

Reaction score
Just did a 4 wheel alignment, new tires,wrangler's
2006 54k
This is my first alignment, had wranglers as my first tire as well.
I have gotten good wear on tires.
Rotate every season or 3000 miles

I have the tires aligned every 3 months, the LR3's fall out of alignment often. You have to have the alignments done, I have never gone to the garage with them being aligned correctly. They always need to be adjusted.

Tire wear sucks, I have not gotten more than 15K miles out of any tire. :puke:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15k? Really?!?

...maybe you are getting them aligned too frequently! I've got 60k and counting on my Synchrones.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the tires aligned every 3 months, the LR3's fall out of alignment often. You have to have the alignments done, I have never gone to the garage with them being aligned correctly. They always need to be adjusted.

Tire wear sucks, I have not gotten more than 15K miles out of any tire. :puke:

Only the dealer or someone one with a fault mate can do an alignment as the vehicle has to put in a special mode as I understand it. I have never had mine aligned and have seen no where near that wear. Driving styles and road construction could play a part.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
happy to see alot of people run Zeons, I've had my 05 almost a month now and it came with 285/60-18 Zeons and it rides pretty smooth so i'll probably stick with them

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is off memory so please give me some lattitude, but some '05's and early '06's had alignment issues straight from the factory (TSB). My '06 burned through its first set of tires in 1500miles - Long Story:

Skip if trying to be productive. Brought it in to BMCD at 600 miles complaining that the toe and camber had to be out of whack or the frame was bent.....they said that they checked the alignment it was fine, but they would order me new GY's - though they were on back-order. When they finally came in (1500 miles on the odo), the GY's were bald on the outer half. Threatened bodily harm and had them do the alignment again with demands to see the data sheet (they said they lost the first one), which of course was grossly out of spec with positive camber and severe toe-in (pidgeon toed). Turns out they never did the initial alignment-tech lied about doing it, and the service manager lied to me continuously to cover his tracks.......

After this, I had to get the LR3 aligned at every 6-month service at Marin LR. At each alignment it was already out of spec.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99