Ordered HSE .... They Delivered Base

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If so, then keep driving the loaner they gave you. They are getting paid to let you drive that vehicle. Might as well make them lose out on that deal.

They refused to give a loaner for this long so I ended up buying the LR4 off the lot back in May (I was stranded without a car). What I did get from the dealer's manager is an email explaining exactly what my out of pocket total costs will be to swap the vehicles. Essentially they are giving me back close to the MSRP so this will be a few thousand dollars to swap.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my replacement LR4 yesterday.

It took ridculously long to get, was supposed to be here in November but dealer said custom orders weren't arriving til Feb. By the time my car was delivered, my 2014 was 9.5 months old with 9,600 miles!

Anyway, here is what the dealer ended up doing for me to fix their mistake ... The difference in invoices between the 2014 and 2015 lr4 options was $4k. The difference for the miles we worked out to be $4,500. Total out of pocket cost ended up being $9,100 with taxes and doc/gov fees.

This is more than what I wanted to pay, but when you look at it from the car price perspective, it is $3,175 off MSRP on a new 2015. And I am losing only about $4k on the tradein for what I paid for my 2014.

I personally felt another $1,500 less for out of pocket would have been the most fair considering the circumstances. After several sit downs with their manager he wouldn't budge another cent.

It feels good to finally be in an HSE, a much better spec!

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what a roller coaster, must feel even better to be in your new 2015 HSE now. enjoy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4