Ordered on January 6, delivered March 26 and I finally get to drive it this week!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

festus

Reaction score
That looks like the prior generation (2nd gen?) of the LR OEM tow hitch (part# KNB500080). The latest gen hitch (part# LR040248) is shorter and does not angle in under the car. This newer style allows for removing the spare tire without needing to remove the tow hitch (which shouldn't be a problem as long as you have the key).

Yes, it's the older hitch, I got it used for $200. The only thing I'll be towing though is my bike rack :smile:

festus

Reaction score
No. They are included with the black design pack (full size rails), otherwise they're an option even on Lux.

Yeah, that was kind of disappointing. I have a Thule Hullavator which I use to haul my kayak around so I'll need to get some rails. Debating whether or not to install them myself though.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was kind of disappointing. I have a Thule Hullavator which I use to haul my kayak around so I'll need to get some rails. Debating whether or not to install them myself though.
I heard they are pretty simple, I think there is a YouTube video someone made that details the installation. I know some folks opt for the dealership install because if the roof glass breaks (it happened to someone), then they are liable.

I am sure some folks can weigh in if they think it's an easy DIY job.

-David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM