Ordering 2011 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradykin

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to the board. Been a long time fan of the Land Rover automobiles...and am planning on purchasing my first over the next couple of weeks.

Basically, I have called to various dealerships in my region and am hearing conflicting reports regarding whether or not they can place orders on the 2011 LR4's at this time. I do not need the vehicle until later in the Fall...so I wanted to go ahead and get an order placed.

Some dealers have said that the pricing is out, but they are slow to get back to me with a quoted price. Others have said that they cannot place these orders until the end of the month....but still will not quote a price.

My questions are...
1. Have any of you been able to place pre-orders for a 2011 LR4?

2. If so, what prices are you hearing and are the dealers being firm on sticker price being that it is a pre-order...or are they willing to negotiate? I am getting a little concerned since no one will get back to me with a quoted price for my desired model to even give me a starting point for negotiations.

3. Does each dealership have control over financing offers? Some dealers have told me that the current 0.9% financing should be available with 2011 models...and others have said that the 0.9% offer will not be available and that they will not be able to quote me a finance rate until early September...which essentially means I would be gambling on getting a good rate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to future discussions.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome aboard! I'm the new kid on the block too, or at least I was. I just got my LR4 about 10 days ago.

I haven't heard anything about pricing at this point. I'm guessing that the finacing will be similar to offers right now. When we got serious about buyng a new truck, I looked at the current offers and they were set to expire on June 30th, We bought on July 3rd and the offers were extended. 0.9% finacing on 36 month and 2.9% on 60 month.

Now that the 2011's are just around the corner, I'm more concerned about what I am going to miss out on for not waiting for the 2011's over the 2010 we purchased.

I'm sure there are some rocking deals out there, but I had to work pretty hard to get the deal I wanted. Still, I think I gave them about $1k more than I wanted to, but it's fine.

Good luck!

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealer had sent me the pricing a couple months ago and I posted it here:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=98961&postcount=12

I ordered a 2011 LR4 a few weeks ago from a different dealer. My negotiated price is $2000 off the MSRP (whatever that may be). I figure the MSRP would be pretty close to whatever the other dealer had sent to me. But then they tacked on the dealer fees, so really I only got about $1600 below MSRP. I just contacted the various dealers in town and one gave me nothing off, one gave me $500, and another gave me $1500 off. Perhaps I could have done better but I was happy to get exactly what I wanted and a newer model year.

From what I understand, each dealer has a certain allocation and their order date can vary depending on when they have an opening in their allocation slot. I ordered mine a few weeks ago. They gave me a build date of mid-August, and a delivery date of mid-October.

I also want to add that I believe those in the East coast are getting slightly better deals than on the West coast. I put in various zip codes into Edmunds and it seems that the East is paying about $1000 less than the West. So perhaps you can get a better deal too if you are on the East coast.

Last edited:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently there is some sort of change coming for 2011 models. Anyone know what this is? I know this is vague but I read on another board there will be a difference between 2010 and 2011 - perhaps trim level.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently there is some sort of change coming for 2011 models. Anyone know what this is? I know this is vague but I read on another board there will be a difference between 2010 and 2011 - perhaps trim level.
Can you post a link to this other board where you read about the change?

A couple of weeks ago, my dealer had me verify my 2011 LR4 order. He logged in to the system and showed me all of the configurations. If you click on the link that I posted above, the trim levels described in there matched what I saw on the official Land Rover site that he used to configure my vehicle. So I tend to believe that it is accurate.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also want to add that the best price I found was thru Costco -- it would be around $3k off (I think it's something like $3k over invoice is the Costco price). Unfortunately for me, the closest Costco LR dealer is about 900 miles away. I did contact 2 of the dealers that Costco gave me, even though I really wasn't planning on buying long distance. The first dealer gave me price quotes and also said it would cost about $500 to have it trucked to me. The second dealer never did get back to me even after I contacted them several times. In both cases, I really got the feeling that neither wanted to sell at the Costco price.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there are going to be any changes for 2011. For me, I hope not as I just bought the 2010 a week or so ago. I would asume that ventilated seats will show up one of these days, but who knows what else.

I had a hard time negotiating a price on my new truck too. I'm accustom to a bit closer to invoice rather than closer to MSRP. All in all, I got about $2600 off of MSRP. My dealer only had 5 LR4s on the lot and 1 was already sold. I got the only HSE LUX they had on the lot even if it wasn't a color I really didn't like. I didn't want to pay the extra to have the color shipped in from another dealer and I didn't want to wait for the deal to happen. Yeah, I'm cheap and impatient. I was already spending a ton of money for us, (wife and I).

It seems like the LR4s are selling well enough that dealers are not really dealing that well on them. My dealer said that the RR Sport was there #1 selling vehicle. That surprised the heck out of me as it's small and more expensive than the LR4. I'm sure it works for a lot of people, but I need a bigger vehicle.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just struck a deal on a new LR4 HSE LUX today!!! Won't jinx it by...

discussing the deal particulars just yet, but I would say it was fairly easy to negotiate similarly to the other deals discussed here on the board. My problem is finding the color combination we are looking for (White, with Almond/ Arabica) in an HSE/LUX withOUT the entertainment system. The dealer I'm working with has three stores, so they are fairly confident they'll be able to track one down. They have exactly what we are looking for on the lot as I type, with the exception of the interior color. In any event, we'll be getting one in a week or so. Very excited (especially to be getting rid of my 07 BMW X5 3.0).

For what it's worth, we spent the night in a demo LR4 HSE LUX last night. Loved the vehicle! We didn't find the "front windshield heater foils" to be an issue for glare or sight impairment as has been discussed her recently, and once we figured out the Radio controls and settings, we were all set.

I really wish LR would change the Navigation to be able to access and edit routes while driving. We test drove the new QX 56, and GL450's this week, and they (along with our BMW) can perform this simply function / task, so I can't understand why LR feels they have to go against the grain on this.

Lastly, the vehicle we drove had 900 miles on it. The MPG Average (which I'll assume has not been reset since it was new) was on 16.5 MPG when we picked it up, and I / we drove it pretty aggressively and when we took it back with 988 miles on it this morning, it was reading 16.4 MPG as an average consumption. NOT BAD! Especially considering our BMW only had the 260HP inline 6 and we could not get over 15.5 MPG no matter how we drove it. I'll be with average driving we get around 17 MPG and while not "spectacular", it's certainly adequate for us.

Cheers,

Joe

vhousad

Reaction score
I also want to add that the best price I found was thru Costco -- it would be around $3k off (I think it's something like $3k over invoice is the Costco price). Unfortunately for me, the closest Costco LR dealer is about 900 miles away. I did contact 2 of the dealers that Costco gave me, even though I really wasn't planning on buying long distance. The first dealer gave me price quotes and also said it would cost about $500 to have it trucked to me. The second dealer never did get back to me even after I contacted them several times. In both cases, I really got the feeling that neither wanted to sell at the Costco price.

The 'best' deal will never come from a blanket negotiated price - you can almost certainly do better negotiating on your own if done properly. I was able with very little effort to buy my LUX (sticker 57,665 invoice 52,552) for 53,700 just over a month ago. I'm certain there are others who have done better but that seemed reasonable to me. Note also that the dealer had to trade with another ~800 miles away to get the exact color combination I wanted (no additional charge to me). Point of the posting is to do a little digging - good deals are clearly out there for the taking. I would recommend reaching out in markets where there are multiple dealers in proximity (I have 4 within an hour's drive in DC)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4