Over heating issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 le, 50th edition.. issues is I pulled a vehicle about an hour away doin 70 nog steady, with no problems... Then I noticed my temp. Gauge starting to climb.. I turned on my heater on but of course it helped bring the temp down.

Things I've done to motor..
- did a complete head job,
-all top end gaskets replaced, and tip end bolts torqued to specs.
- new thermostat
- high perfomance fan clutch from summit
So this is the first time I've drove a good distance out of town in a while... So what are some other ideas of over heating cause?
I have not replaced the radiator by the way, that's the only thing I can think of left.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on it, have you checked the electric fans to make sure they are working? The radiator may be in need of a good radiator shop cleaning.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike we've talked before , the guy I bought motor from , miles unknown, but you have read what I've find to motor so far... And with knowing that who knows when the radiator was flush or cleaned... Of rather just get a new one if that's what you really think is last thing to replace .sir

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New ones are real expensive, have your's checked by a radiator shop and if needed rodded out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635