parking assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AceRider

Reaction score
When you back out of a parking spot and put your car in drive, does the parking assit menu stay upmon your screen for a f ew seconds? There is nohing in the manual about this but it makes sense since it could be helpful in, say a parking garage, to help you clear columns and other cars AFTER youve finished reversing.

Its that or a electrical gremlin....

NWLRFan

Reaction score
Someone else just mentioned this and the dealer said that its intentional so that if you are say parallel parking the screen doesn't keep flipping on and off as you quickly switch between drive and reverse. Sounds reasonable.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. That's perfectly normal. It will stay on until you reach 5mph.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing that sucks is that when the reverse camera is on no other controls appear to be responsive. For instance, my radio was blaring a bit too loud today when I picked up my daughter from school while I was backing out of a parking spot. Until the stupid camera image went away, the volume knob did absolutely nothing.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing that sucks is that when the reverse camera is on no other controls appear to be responsive. For instance, my radio was blaring a bit too loud today when I picked up my daughter from school while I was backing out of a parking spot. Until the stupid camera image went away, the volume knob did absolutely nothing.
I never noticed that happens. Is the volume control on the steering wheel also disabled?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 100% sure, but I am almost positive everything is disabled, including steering wheel controls, while the camera's on.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 100% sure, but I am almost positive everything is disabled, including steering wheel controls, while the camera's on.
That is a bit annoying. I guess I've never tried to adjust anything while reversing or as I waited for the camera to shut off.

I'll have to give it a try tomorrow and see if the steering wheel volume is also disabled.

Thanks - I learn something new everyday!

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing that sucks is that when the reverse camera is on no other controls appear to be responsive...

With your quandary in mind, I tested this today on 2011 LR4 HSE-Lux with vision (surround cameras). All controls remain fully functional when vehicle is in reverse. I tested audio volume and controls, as well as selected various camera views.

It seems really strange that your electronic controls would lock out when in reverse. Maybe a bug? Hopefully easily solved with programming.

One annoyance...when in reverse, display puts the rear camera in full display. In tight parallel parking spots I would prefer to have front corner and rear both shown constantly. I can pause and select any view, but this takes a few presses. When trying to get out of traffic into a tight spot with 3..5 point park job, pausing to play with camera settings doesn't happen. Anybody find a workaround for this?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I tested it again this morning and could control the volume no problem while the backup camera was on... Hopefully just a one-time bug, although I have experienced it a couple of times already.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tested mine this morning and I can control the volume, etc. when in reverse.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72