parking sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed for the past couple days when I shift to R, The parking sensors in the rear emit a continuous beep. The parking sensor light flashes then the entire sensor system shuts down. I cannot turn it back on by pushing the button. Anyone experience this before? I cleaned the sensors front and back to no avail.

Last edited:

JDiehl

Reaction score
Same problem here when in reverse. I also cleaned the sensors and had no change.

I will be taking a trip on Monday and see if it persists.

JDiehl

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed for the past couple days when I shift to R, The parking sensors in the rear emit a continuous beep. The parking sensor light flashes then the entire sensor system shuts down. I cannot turn it back on by pushing the button. Anyone experience this before? I cleaned the sensors front and back to no avail.

Indicates a failure in the sensor system that requires service. Per Land Rover Manual:

"PARKING AID SYSTEM FAULT
If a system fault is detected, a long
high-pitched tone will sound, and the switch
indicator will flash. Contact your Land Rover
Retailer/Authorized Repairer as soon as
possible."

JDiehl

Reaction score
No issues while in reverse on my trip.

Thanks for the info magnum

JDiehl

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One feature I wish they had was heated parking sensors. You laugh, but half this god forsaken winter the sensors were just frozen solid and all I got in parking situations was:

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!BEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One feature I wish they had was heated parking sensors. You laugh, but half this god forsaken winter the sensors were just frozen solid and all I got in parking situations was:

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!BEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP!
I am glad you mentioned this because I was wondering if that would happen.

As I think about rear/front bumpers, I almost want to just disable my parking sensors; however, I do fine them useful (except they annoy me off road).

-David

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there no way to turn them off? On my MDX I simply hit a button and they are disabled until I hit the button again. (On my MDX they go on whenever I have my bike rack on and am in reverse.)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes they also act up if it rains a lot (or you go to a car wash using high pressure water spray to clean your lower bumpers and undercarriage) and some water manages to ********* the housing of one sensor, temporarily shorting it. As the water dries up, the fault goes away.

Powerful UK posted a pretty good tutorial on troubleshooting park sensor issues (it's for a L322 Range Rover, but the same applies to other Land Rovers as the ultrasonic system has stayed pretty much the same over the years.)

Yes, the button on the dash turns them off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89engAgn-XA

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there no way to turn them off? On my MDX I simply hit a button and they are disabled until I hit the button again. (On my MDX they go on whenever I have my bike rack on and am in reverse.)
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I do shut them off quite often when off roading - you just hit the button.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM