Part number for 2012 tpms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, as soon as its available I'm getting an IIDTool. To turn off the lights and assist with errors.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still confused on this. a517458 says that its part number LR021936. When I look that up on americantpms .com/tpms-wheel-sesnor-aftm-land-rover-315mhz-lr021936.html it has that part number and it looks just like what Kaaae bought.

So what part number did you buy Kaaae?

I need to check with the dealer on the 2013 since nobody lists that year on these tpms sites yet. I hope i can get these for $30, I need 5 of them and thats going to add up fast.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, that titan website part doesnt look like the second picture you said you got. And.. that titan site says it works but it doesnt?

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to dig through my pictures to see if I had one of the TMPS that I received. I can not find it though.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but yes MBW, they said it would work, but they were wrong, I didnt bother calling them either since they are already on the tire and I wasnt going to have the wheels removed.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, £1,263.60 later, ive got 5 compomotive wheels on the way. Guess I will ask the dealer about 2013 part numbers and then try to find them somewhere for ~$30... I know the dealer wants more than that.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, £1,263.60 later, ive got 5 compomotive wheels on the way. Guess I will ask the dealer about 2013 part numbers and then try to find them somewhere for ~$30... I know the dealer wants more than that.
Awesome! I can't wait to see pictures and see how you make out with the TPMS units. Keep us posted, as I am heading in this direction later this year...

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update:

Dealer says, for my VIN (2013 LR4 HSE Lux) the part is: Lr031713
Its a newer part number and im having trouble finding a good place to buy under that part number.

People have said that LR021936 from http://www.tpmsdirect.com/Land_Rover_LR4_TPMS_Sensor_p/1055-20.htm?CartID=1 do work (but not sure about 2013, I think they are the same as 2012)

A few sites I have seen say:

Linked Parts:
LR018859, LR021936
Superceded Product Codes:
LR018859 LR021936

In all cases, when I find sites that have pictures and seem half way reliable, they are the Continental part that is squarish on one side and rounded on the other.

I don't know that this helps much. My dealer wants about $90 each for a sensor, and the link I posted is ~$70. I may just go with that. The risk is getting them mounted with the wrong sensors like Kaaae unfortunately had happen. The guy at the parts desk was new (his second day) and wasn't as cool as my normal guy. Kindof unfriendly attitude.. so he didnt seem to care when I was asking about fomoco vs conti part numbers and why the system didnt show any of that, etc. Not interested in hunting for information with me. Whatever.

Good news is, I was chatting with one of the LR techs at my dealer for about 40 minutes today and got to know him. Hopefully will find some other owners to go wheeling with. He said about 70-80% of the buyers dont do anything off pavement, which is sad. He also said it was no problem to run a 2.5" lift on the EAS and that he didnt see any issues with any of the mods I have planned. Was very interested in the Voyager gear and my plans for the dual battery setup and such.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, the sensors sold by tpmsdirect are not genuine Land Rover parts - at least the ones I got were not. Mine arrived with the logo of whatever car company they were intended for clearly scratched off, no mention of Land Rover part #s anywhere. They were rectangular, no rounded sides. They also didn't look much like the ones pictured above (although the web site does mention that items may differ from photo.) However, they worked right away - never even got a fault message after they were mounted on - and saved me 100+ bucks over the cheapest OEM price I could find (through bputah.com), so who cares.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635