Parts quiz – can someone tell me what that is??! Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While changing rear brakes, noticed this some kind of bracket on the right hand side, and it was loose. Any idea what that is? And if someone could check if you have it there I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a vibration damping weight (to damp frame harmonic vibrations). There is one on each side, although they are different sizes.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a vibration damping weight (to damp frame harmonic vibrations). There is one on each side, although they are different sizes.

Thanks BznLR4, but I am not sure we are talking about the same thing, sorry, I should specify it better - that is a small bracket that is hanging there attached to the body frame mount support by those 2 silver bolts.
I found it on one side only, it was loose. And I could not think of anything it could be there for. Some kind of transportation ties down bracket maybe?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out and looked at mine. I don't have those two bolts/bracket attached. Just the flange welded to the frame. Do you have one on both sides or just one, as the flange is on both sides?

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out and looked at mine. I don't have those two bolts/bracket attached. Just the flange welded to the frame. Do you have one on both sides or just one, as the flange is on both sides?

Thanks for looking!! Yes, flange on both sides, but that bracket is only on the right hand side, very loose. I took it off. I have a feeling that is a transport bracket that was not removed, but... it took me 24K to notice it. :) I remember i heard some noise from that area that I could not determine what that was. I guess that was it! :)

Thanks again!

I will probably send this pic to my service adviser...

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks BznLR4, but I am not sure we are talking about the same thing, sorry, I should specify it better - that is a small bracket that is hanging there attached to the body frame mount support by those 2 silver bolts.
I found it on one side only, it was loose. And I could not think of anything it could be there for. Some kind of transportation ties down bracket maybe?

Indeed I misunderstood what you were asking about.

In 2011 LR4 I also have the metal tabs welded to the frame, but nothing attached to them (no bracket). Seems you can safely discard the bracket.

Meanwhile, tt would be interesting to know what those metal tabs on the frame are for! (anyone...anyone...?)

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed I misunderstood what you were asking about.

In 2011 LR4 I also have the metal tabs welded to the frame, but nothing attached to them (no bracket). Seems you can safely discard the bracket.

Meanwhile, tt would be interesting to know what those metal tabs on the frame are for! (anyone...anyone...?)

Thanks for checking!

I thought that metal tab is a part of a robber mount support that is places between frame and the body... but not so sure anymore, I will check tomorrow...

Regarding the mystery bracket - it even has a part number, 14 11 60 RH.
Would be interesting to know how did it get there. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72