Passenger side hood latch shot? Replace only one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So while I was investigating why BOTH low beams went out at the same time*** on the wife's '13 LR4 I figured out that only one side of the hood actually latches (driver side fine, passenger won't lock, even pressing mechanism down with a screwdriver).
I did a search for this and only things about the cable being broken and hood open sensor come up.
Can I fix it or do I have to replace the one (or both) side latch system? Is it the whole shebang I have to replace: cable, both sides? I can do it myself, just need your collective wisdom!
Thanks, all!
Al

*** both low beams went out, one was replaced by me in the last 12 months and one was from when we bought is CPO in '15 or '16. The passenger one I could pull right away looked like the filament melted, not burnt out, if that makes sense. I'll pull the driver tomorrow.

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there is an open hood switch on the RH side latch. This goes bad and the new design comes with a new latch or just the switch. Atlantic British sells both. You can call them and they will give you some advise. I am surprised you aren't seeing a hood open or the horn blowing at times if the latch isn't holding. It is possible someone shorted out the switch at some time and you need a switch also. I replaced the switch on my 2007 LR3 not a difficult job. There is even a video on the internet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72